- Greenware Request Form
- Checkout Program (laundry racks, compost buckets, Greenware, CFLs)
- Green Office Program page (with links to forms)
- Building Energy Dashboard
- Heating and Cooling Standards [pdf]
- ReCoop/Clean Sweep
- Green Bikes
- 2012-13 Sustainability Annual Report [pdf]
- Sustainability Action Plan
- ReCoop is selling textbooks! Check the ReCoop Book Room's collection of over 2,500 books before you spend tons of money on new textbooks! You can purchase ReCoop books through the Sagebooks site and then pick them up at the EcoDesk in Walker Lounge Sundays - Wednesdays 8 pm - 10 pm or arrange another convenient time.
- Submit your news to the new Claremont Colleges Sustainability Newsletter Our newsletter has gone Claremont Colleges wide! This monthly newsletter highlights the latest sustainability happenings, news, events and announcements on our campuses. Email sustainability with your submissions and sign up to receive it here.
- The Green Office Program has a new look! Participating in the Green Office Program is now even easier: just have one person in the office fill out the department form, and at least 50% of people in the office fill out the individual form. Congratulations to our newly certified offices: KSPC (Gold), EA and Neuroscience (Silver), Physics and Astronomy (Silver), ASPC (Bronze), and Dean of the College (Bronze)!
- Reusable dishes available through Pomona Catering! Catering has a new program for catered events to use Corelleware instead of disposables. To order, request Corelleware in the Special Requests section of the CaterTrax system. Try it out at your next catered event!
Students Recycle Materials to Create Furniture for New Studio Art Building Professor Michael O'Malley and eight students created drawing benches, apple crates, stools, and a conference table from repurposed materials for the new Studio Art building. Read more here.
Brush Fire Turns Bernard Field Station into “Living Lab” for Fire Ecology Three Pomona professors received a grant from the Henry David Thoreau Foundation to examine the impact of the recent BFS fire on ecological succession in an endangered coastal sage scrub ecosystem. Professors Jonathan Wright, Wallace Meyer, and Char Miller will use the grant to involve students in research and a new biology course to be offered in spring 2015. Read more here.
Schuler Scholars from Chicago Get Hands-On Experience at Pomona's Farm Six students from the Schuler Scholars Program, which provides high-achieving, underserved students with an intensive college access experience, spent a week doing hands-on activities at the Pomona Farm. The trip was made possible by a proposal written by Julia Neaves '13 and Adam Long '13. Read the full story here.
Pomona's Class Day Goes Green Class Day, a ceremony and dinner celebrating the achievements of the graduating class, had some new sustainability features this year. Facilities and Campus Services arranged for an outside composting contract so that compostable diningware and food scraps could be diverted from the landfill. Read more about the event here.
Pomona Students Place in Top Five in National Water Conservation Competition Pomona College was among the top five schools in the Campus Conservation Nationals 2014 water conservation competition, with students living in residence halls reducing their water use by 65,904 gallons, or 5.4%, below a baseline measure. Joining Pomona in the top five were Oberlin College; UC Santa Barbara; the University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee; and Wake Forest University. Read the full article here.
|Ginny Routhe||Assistant Director Facilities and Campus Services - Sustainability||(909) 607-5000||(909) 607-3937|
Mailing AddressPomona College, Sustainability, 101 N. College Way, Claremont, CA 91711
Campus LocationSustainability Integration Office