What are your plans this summer?
CURTAIN RAISERS of The Claremont Colleges offers Summer Theatre/Dance Scholarships
The Curtain Raisers of The Claremont Colleges is a non-profit organization that supports theatre and dance at the colleges and in the community. Curtain Raisers promotes attendance at performances and also provides historical theatre programs at El Roble Intermediate School each year.
The Curtain Raisers Summer Theatre and Dance Scholarship Fund was established to assist students who wish to take part in summer theatre/dance activities, but who need financial assistance to participate. The goal of the program is to assist students who are active in the Theatre and Dance Dept. for The Claremont Colleges and who plan to share their experience with students when they return. The modest funding for the scholarships is raised each year by member contributions.
Awards at a maximum of $800 will be made based on the application, interview, financial need and acceptance into a recognized summer theatre or dance program. The Scholarship Committee will consist of members of the Curtain Raisers Board and of the Theatre/Dance Faculty. Interviews will be held on Friday, May 10th, 2019.
Students receiving scholarships will be asked to give an oral presentation of their summer experience to the Curtain Raisers in the fall after their return to the Colleges.
- The applicant must be active in the Theatre and Dance Department at The Claremont Colleges and have plans to continue this involvement when they return.
- Preference will be given to sophomores and juniors, and to students who have not previously received a scholarship from Curtain Raisers of The Claremont Colleges.
- Other considerations shall include financial need as reflected in the student’s college aid award and the student’s positive contributions to the Department of Theatre and Dance program.
- The applicant must have received an official summer experience offer from a reputable theatre/dance organization that will contribute to the professional development of the student.
- Students should receive a job offer before applying for the scholarship.
Start looking NOW for summer positions.
Applications are available in the theatre office and on the web site for the Department of Theatre and Dance; download the online Curtain Raisers application. Return completed applications to the theatre office or by email to Mary Rosier at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, May 3, 2019 at 5:00 P.M.