Leave Application Instructions
If you are eligible and plan to apply for a sabbatical/leave during 2015-2016 Academic Year (7th semester, 7th year, 7th year for one semester) or 2016 Calendar Year (7th year) you will need to complete the on-line application. A unique link to the web application will be emailed to all faculty members at the beginning of the Fall semester. The on-line application is comprised of: attachments (PDF or Word Docs) to upload, selecting answers from a drop down boxes, and a few questions that require short text answers. Once you submit the on-line application you will not be able to make changes or return to the application form without contacting Sandra Fenton for assistance by phone at ext.18328 or emailing email@example.com. Application check list of attachments and required information is provided below.
- Semester(s)/Period and Type of Leave you are requesting (drop down selection box)
- 1 to 2-sentence summary (up to 600 characters with spaces) of your leave plan
- Information pertaining to at least one External Grant Application (required for subvention requests and Steele leaves)
- Name of Foundation or Granting Agency
Amount of Funding Request
Deadline to Apply
External grant proposal(s) as a PDF or Word Doc – (if already submitted)
- Description of accomplishments from last leave
- List of publications, exhibitions, etc. resulting from last leave
- Purpose and plan of study for the requested leave describing the significance of the project and methodology
- Current CV
- Department Chair Letter –attached OR sent separately to Sandra Fenton
Leave Application Deadlines
Members of the faculty who wish to apply for sabbatical leaves, Steele leaves, or leaves without pay for the 2015-16 Academic Year or the 2016 Calendar Year must submit an on-line application by Sunday, October 12, 2014. Because of the extensive approval process and the date of the Trustees' meeting at which formal approval is given, it is very important to meet this deadline. Applications received after the deadline ("late leave requests") will not be considered. A deadline in the Fall term preceding the year of a requested leave permits orderly planning for possible faculty replacements by the Dean's Office staff. Just as important, it enables faculty to submit applications for outside funding well ahead of a planned sabbatical. Please note that you must submit a formal leave request whether or not you have secured sources of external funding to support your proposed leave.
The deadline for notifying the Dean's Office about whether an approved leave will not be taken is Friday, January 23, 2015. This deadline enables budget planning processes for staffing to proceed smoothly.