Learning Objectives for American Studies:
- Students gain knowledge of the histories and cultures of the United States.
- Students gain an understanding of a wide range of methods across the disciplines.
- Students learn how to analyze a wide range of evidence—e.g. written texts, films, paintings, musical compositions, etc.
- Students learn how to carry on research in American Studies effectively.
- Students learn how to communicate effectively about the histories and cultures of the United States in both written and oral forms.
- Students attain the skills and knowledge to pursue further education in American Studies or related fields—e.g. History, English, Music, Museum Studies, Journalism, etc.