A dramatic blend of new and old, the Smith Campus Center was designed to meet students needs on campus. It opened September 1, 1999. By taking elements from surrounding buildings, the architect, Robert A.M. Stern, made the nearly century-old campus master plan come to life with the addition of the Smith Campus Center.
The Campus Center is an integral part of Pomona College, providing high-quality educational, social, cultural, and recreational programs and services and an environment, which reflects our commitment to the goals, and values of our community.
- Professionalism - Our actions reflect commitment, competence, integrity, accessibility and respect.
- Community - we serve as a unifying force that honors each individual and values diversity.
- Teamwork - We are committed to working together and supporting one another.
- Student Development - We complement students' academic experience as we supervise and advise their employment and volunteer opportunities to enhance their moral, ethical, and emotional development.
- Ethical Behavior - We model ethical behavior and we challenge others to be ethical in their decisions and accept responsibility for their actions.
We seek to be:
- a complete resource for our stakeholders
- the quintessential campus center for the Claremont College community
- internationally recognized as the model for campus centers