The college provides a number of transportation options to get you around in the Los Angeles area. All vehicles require advanced reservations, so please remember to plan ahead.
The Sagecoach (34 passenger bus)
- Must be reserved at least 2 weeks in advance
- Student Organization & College department programs: $25/hour + 2.25/mile
- Other uses:
- $50/hour for Claremont trips
- $40/hour + $2.25/mile for outside Claremont trips
- For reservation, email email@example.com or call (909) 607-3742.
College Vehicles (The Sagehen Shuttle (7-passengers))
- For use by registered student organizations on official business/activities only
- You must be an approved College driver to use vehicles (for information on becoming approved to drive, contact Brenda Schmit.)
- Fees: $0.75/mile (up to $75 maximum charge)
- Reservation form found on Engage (under the "Campus Links" tab, select "SCC Forms")
- Can be checked out for any reason
- Zipcars are located in the following parking lots: Harrison, Sumner and Tranquada Center
- You must create a Zipcar account first
- Fees: $25-35 annual fee, hourly rates from $7, daily rates from $48
- More information on Zipcar at Pomona
- Cars not your thing? Rent a bike for a semester!
- Have a bike that needs repair? Come to the Green Bikes shop and pay only for parts, no labor charge!
- More information and shop hours
Public Transportation Options
In addition to the above resources, there are a number of Public Transportation options available to students.
- Foothill Transit - local bus system
- Pomona College Public Transportation Guide [pdf]
- Yellow Cab
- Claremont Dial-a-Ride
- Metrolink train into downtown Los Angeles
- Metro Transit (MTA) Bus & Rail - Los Angeles County
- Omnitrans Bus System - San Bernardino County/Inland Empire