The Office of Institutional Research (OIR) conducts studies and facilitates the use of data to support planning and decision-making, inform teaching and learning, and promote understanding about Pomona College and its mission. The core work of the office spans several main areas:
- Decision Support - Developing analytical approaches, tools and resources to facilitate institutional decision-making.
- Planning - Working with campus constituents to clarify goals, develop meaningful measures of success, and facilitate institutional alignment around strategic priorities.
- Research - Managing a longitudinal program of student, faculty, and alumni surveys and implementing targeted studies on a variety of topics relating to institutional goals.
- Reporting - Providing College data to internal and external audiences.
- Data Governance - Contributing to the development of policies and practices that support the effective, ethical use and stewardship of data assets.
The office abides by the "Statement of Ethical Principles" set forth by the Association of Institutional Research (AIR).
Interim Director of Institutional Research