Explore Pomona College Through Data
The Information Center is a gateway to data and information on a variety of topics central to the Pomona College mission. Resources are curated with an eye toward frequently asked questions by a variety of audiences and with the goal of facilitating access, sense-making and synthesis across many domains of activity and sources of data at the College.
Explore a broad array of summary data about the College as a whole. Data comport with standard formats for presenting accurate, reliable and meaningful information for use in a variety of reporting and decision-making contexts.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Diversity, equity and inclusion are core to Pomona's mission and values and form the basis of a rigorous liberal arts education. Four central beacons guide Pomona's work in these areas:
I. Access: Develop a campus community that includes the fullest possible range of backgrounds essential to a rigorous learning environment.
II. Climate & Community: Create healthy environments in which individuals feel welcomed, respected, valued, supported and fully able to achieve and contribute.
III. Scholarship & Learning: Prepare diverse students for lives of leadership, achievement and fulfillment in a pluralistic democracy.
IV. Institutional Commitment: Develop the capacity of the College to leverage diversity as a critical resource in accomplishing its mission.
- Message from President Star re: Next Steps for Diversity, Inclusivity and Flourishing at Pomona (May 2019)
- Campus Climate Study, 2019-20 (Rankin & Associates)
- Lighting the Path to 2025: A Vision for Diversity (campus login required)
- Diversity commitments and goals (summary version)
- Monitoring progress (campus login required)
Academic and Co-Curricular Engagement
Pomona students follow their passions in many directions and actively engage in activities outside, alongside, and within the classroom. These high-impact practices (HIPs) are the source of transformative development and learning for students and a cornerstone of the Pomona College experience.
Find out more about some of the activities at Pomona designed to promote high-impact learning, including:
Explore the milestones, pathways, destinations and accomplishments of Pomona students and alumni. From graduation to first professional destinations, from a major to advanced degrees, and from first jobs to long careers with unpredictable twists and turns, Pomona College strives to prepare students who "bear their added riches" in a multitude of ways throughout their lives.
- Completed Majors
- Alumni Outcomes
- First Destinations [Career Development Office]
- Current Professional Activities of Pomona Alumni
- Alumni Career Paths and Profiles
- PhD Completions: Studies of baccalaureate origins analyze doctoral degrees awarded in the United States and highlight the undergraduate origins of PhD recipients. Using public data from the National Science Foundation and the National Center for Education Statistics, these reports provide estimates of the success of Pomona College students in terms of PhD completion, including a recent analysis of the baccalaureate origins of PhD recipients from 2003 to 2012. These studies are subject to important caveats and limitations.
- Alumni Survey, Selected Results