The Writing Center helps students take their writing to the next level. We provide free one-on-one consultations with Writing Partners, fellow Pomona students trained to help their peers assess and improve their own work.
- Scheduled appointments Sundays through Thursdays in the afternoons and evenings
- Drop-in consultations Sundays through Thursdays from 8 p.m.-10 p.m.
- Specific courses with attached Writing Partners
- Regular meetings with Writing Partners to help you improve your writing over time
We can help you:
- Make sense of an assignment
- Develop your ideas, thesis, or argument
- Learn an effective writing process
- Organize and structure your writing
- Refine introductions, conclusions, transitions and body paragraphs
- Design more effective sentences and recognize patterns of error
- Identify the weakest elements of your writing so you can focus when you revise
We can work with you on:
- Written and oral assignments for any course, including lab reports and presentations
- Professional writing, including personal statements, cover letters, and resumes
- With advance notice, foreign language assignments, creative writing, advanced science papers, and long-term projects
We are located in Smith Campus Center, Suite 148, across from the living room and the mail room on the ground floor. During the semester, we are open Sundays through Thursdays in the afternoons and evenings. Contact us at email@example.com.
We also offer handouts on writing strategies and writing in specific disciplines, as well as resources on academic integrity and other online materials.