The CSWIM helps students take their writing to the next level. We provide free one-on-one consultations with Writing Partners, Speaking Partners and Image Partners. Fellow Pomona students are trained to help their peers assess and improve their own work.
- Scheduled appointments online and in person, 7 days a week.
- Drop-in consultations In person, Sunday-Thursday 8-10PM and Fridays 1-3PM.
- Specific courses with attached Writing Partners
- Regular meetings with Writing Partners to help you improve your writing over time
We can help you:
- Make sense of an assignment
- Develop your ideas, thesis, or argument
- Learn an effective writing process
- Organize and structure your writing
- Refine introductions, conclusions, transitions and body paragraphs
- Design more effective sentences and recognize patterns of error
- Identify the weakest elements of your writing so you can focus when you revise
We can work with you on:
- Written and oral assignments for any course, including lab reports and presentations
- Professional writing, including personal statements, cover letters, and resumes
- With advance notice, foreign language assignments, creative writing, advanced science papers, and long-term projects
We also offer handouts on writing strategies and writing in specific disciplines, as well as resources on academic integrity and other online materials.