Chirp about #SagehenImpact every year on 4/7!
On Sagehen Social Media
Whatever and wherever you choose to make change happen, share it with the Pomona community on April 7, during our annual celebration of #SagehenImpact! Chirp about the difference you or fellow Sagehens are making in the world every day. Grab a 4/7 Selfie Sign and post your message with hashtag #SagehenImpact in the Alumni Facebook Group, on Instagram or on Twitter. Then come back throughout the day to see what fellow alumni are doing to change the world for the better—plus, watch for special 4/7 announcements!
Thank You for Supporting Pomona Students Through One of Four Impact Funds!
47 chirps to our 753 Sagehen donors who gave and helped earn more than $174,000 for student aid and services! Thanks to the generosity of a group of anonymous donors who offered multiple challenge bonus gifts and our alumni, parents and families, students, faculty and staff, the 4/7 Impact Funds — and our students — felt true #SagehenImpact from the Pomona community.
Take a look at the individual funds and their results:
Grab a 4/7 Selfie Sign
- Use the "47 Chirps to..." sign for a shout out to a fellow Sagehen.
- Use "I'm making an impact by..." to share what you're doing to make an impact.
- Use "I pledge to..." to share how you plan to make the world a better place.
- Use "I'm participating because..." to share why you're celebrating 4/7.
Not a Member of the Alumni Facebook Group, Yet?
The campus community comes together on 4/7 to celebrate #SagehenImpact as well. The event features tasty food, fun activities, volunteer information and the opportunity for community members to share and learn how others are making an impact while at Pomona.
Across the U.S. and the Globe
Alumni-led regional 4/7 community service events take place each year as part of the celebration thanks to impact-driven Sagehen volunteers. Whether helping at a local food bank, fixing up a local elementary school, or sprucing up a local park, Sagehens are making the world a better place from the West to the East Coast!
2018 Regional Events
For information on hosting and organizing 4/7 regional events, contact Jahan Boulden, associate director in Alumni and Parent Engagement at email@example.com. Watch your email for details on 2019 Regional Events coming March 2019.
- Seattle – Saturday, March 24, hosted by Lisa & Mark Phelps ‘79. Sort, and pack food for the regional food bank, Northwest Harvest.
- Claremont – Saturday, March 31, hosted by our on-campus community. Cheer on or join in with local Special Olympics athletes for unified scrimmage soccer matches and other games.
- San Francisco – Friday, April 6, hosted by Jordan Pedraza ‘09. Visit Francisco Middle School’s Career Day share about your occupation and participate in student Q&A sessions.
- Chicago – Saturday, April 7, hosted by Clara Engle ‘15. Join the Alliance for the Great Lakes to clean up 57th Street beach.
- Los Angeles – Saturday, April 7, hosted by Nathan Dean ‘10, Vicki Warren ‘85, & Diane Ung ‘85. Revitalize a garden in partnership with EnrichLA.
- Orange County (Anaheim) – Saturday, April 7, hosted by Anne Rawlinson ‘85. Help green card holders prepare their N-400 citizenship applications.
- Silicon Valley – Saturday, April 7, hosted by Guy Lohman ‘71. Help the Guadalupe River Park Conservancy maintain the San Jose Historic Orchard.
- London – Thursday, April 12, hosted by Kristina Hickey ‘88. Volunteer at St. Patrick’s Church to provide food for those who are homeless.
- Washington, D.C. – Saturday, April 14, hosted by Larry Freedman ‘78. Create murals of college banners (including, of course, Pomona College!) at JC Nalle Elementary School.
47 Ways to Make an Impact
Looking for ideas on how you can make your own impact? The Alumni Board 4/7 Committee has a few—or perhaps 47—ideas for you.