Academic Planning

Graduate Study

Seniors planning to attend graduate school should begin their arrangements before going abroad. This includes taking the necessary tests (e.g., LSAT, MCAT, GRE).

Students who plan to apply for grants or fellowships should make early contact with the graduate fellowship advisor or the appropriate faculty member. Whenever possible, students should consider arranging interviews before departure.

Career Development 

The Career Development Office (CDO) offers a wide array of services to help students plan for life after graduation from wherever they are located. The on-campus recruiting program takes place in fall and spring semester with different types of employers coming at different times. To accommodate study abroad students, the CDO allows Pomona students to take part in on-campus recruiting for up to one year after graduation.

Many of the services and resources of the CDO can be accessed via the internet from anywhere in the world. Please visit the CDO web to access resources such as Handshake, CareerBeam, and Going Global – connecting you to alumni worldwide, resume and interviewing guides, job and fellowship listings, library and extensive career-related web sites and much more. You are never far away from contact with the CDO. Simply email and a member of the CDO staff can assist you with your questions.


Students may pre-enroll for Pomona classes while abroad, if they wish. All questions about pre-enrollment and pre-enrollment procedures should be directed to the Office of the Registrar. Students who choose not to pre-enroll may sign up for classes during registration at the start of their first semester back. To reserve a slot in a required course, or to petition a closed course, students should contact the appropriate faculty member before departure for study abroad.

Transcript Requests 

Parents and friends, by law, may not request transcripts on behalf of a student. If students anticipate the need for sending a Pomona transcript to another institution while they are abroad, they should complete the Designation of Transcript Release Authority.