Refer to the SHIP website for a complete description of the insurance plan. In order to waive coverage, your plan must meet the following criteria:
- Comparable coverage must be effective 8/1/21 through 7/31/22 (New Students) and through 7/31/22 (Returning Students);
- Fully compliant with all aspects of the Affordable Care Act and benefits must be unlimited;
- Underwriting company must be owned, operated, and headquartered in the United States and must be in full compliance with applicable federal laws;
- Claims must be paid by a U.S. based company;
- Access to local doctors, specialists, hospitals and other healthcare providers near campus;
- Provides coverage for urgent and non-urgent care
Students not completing the waiver process and providing private medical insurance information prior to September 3, 2021, are automatically enrolled in The Claremont Colleges student health insurance plan, and the student’s account will be charged with the current SHIP premium. The SHIP fee is reflected on your tuition bill. The premium for 2021-2022 is $2,782.
The College requires that proof of insurance be provided EACH year that you are an enrolled student. If waivers have not been submitted by September 3, 2021 you will be automatically enrolled and the premium amount will be charged to your student account.
If you have any questions about the SHIP plan, please contact the Dean of Students Office at (909) 621-8017 or email@example.com.