Location: Claremont, Calif., 35 miles east of downtown Los Angeles
President: G. Gabrielle Starr
Enrollment: 1,747 students
Faculty: 198 full-time professors
Student-faculty ratio: 8 to 1
Average class size: 15
Majors and minors: 48 in the arts, humanities, social sciences, natural sciences and interdisciplinary study
Courses: About 650 at Pomona, with nearly 2,700 courses at all Claremont Colleges
Research: 53 percent of students conduct research with faculty, with more than 200 students participating in research each summer.
Internships: The summer internship program funds about 80 domestic and international internships each summer. PCIP, our academic year program, provides paid experiential learning opportunities for about 130 students.
Study Abroad: Approximately 50 percent of Pomona students study abroad in 65 programs in 36 countries
Campus: Our 140-acre campus has 14 residence halls and three dining halls. Eleven of our buildings have been LEED certified (one silver, six gold and three platinum).
- 98 percent of students live on campus in 14 residence halls
- Seven dining halls, including three at Pomona, where students can use their meal plans
- More than 250 clubs and organizations at the five undergraduate Claremont Colleges
Pomona students have boundless opportunities to be involved in the arts, including eight musical ensembles, from glee club to orchestra, theatre productions, art exhibitions and access to our vibrant art museum.
- 20 percent of students play on 21 varsity teams; hundreds more participate in club and intramural sports
- Member of the Southern California Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (SCIAC) and National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Division III
Alumni Network: More than 25,000, with more than 15,000 on LinkedIn