Location: Claremont, Calif., 35 miles east of downtown Los Angeles
President: G. Gabrielle Starr
Enrollment: 1,642 students; 51 percent women; 49 percent men
Faculty: 188 full-time professors
Student-faculty ratio: 8 to 1
Average class size: 15
Majors and minors: 48 in the arts, humanities, social sciences, natural sciences and interdisciplinary study
Courses: About 600 at Pomona, with nearly 2,700 courses at all colleges
Research: 52 percent of students conduct research with faculty, with more than 200 students participating in research each summer.
Internships: The summer internship program funds about 80 domestic and international internships each summer. PCIP, our academic year program, provides paid experiential learning opportunities for about 130 students.
Study Abroad: Approximately 49.3% of Pomona students study abroad in 59 programs in 34 countries
Campus: Our 140-acre campus has 16 residence halls and three dining halls. Ten of our buildings have been LEED certified (one silver, six gold and three platinum).
- 98 percent of students live on campus in 16 residence halls
- Seven dining halls, including three at Pomona, where students can use their meal plans
- More than 250 clubs and organizations at the five undergraduate Claremont Colleges
- 20 percent of students play on 21 varsity teams; hundreds more participate in club and intramural sports
- Member of the Southern California Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (SCIAC) and National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Division III
Alumni Network: About 25,000, with nearly 15,000 on LinkedIn