Jazz Ensemble (Music 37), directed by Barb Catlin. This select ensemble consists of students from all The Claremont Colleges and plays music in a variety of styles, both on and off campus. They meet in Bryant Hall, Thatcher Music Building (4th Street & College) on Tuesday & Thursday 4:15-5:45pm .5 credits
Fall 2019 Auditions
Tuesday, Sept. 3rd (4 to 9 p.m.)
One day only!
Sign up outside the Music Department office room 104 and/or simply show up on one of those days for a first-come, first serve basis.
Auditions will consist of the following:
- Scales: chromatic scale and a few major scales of your choice
- Solo selection. This can be any number of things:
- A jazz etude or an excerpt from jazz band music.
- A classical etude or an excerpt from concert band or orchestra music.
- A tune, such as a blues, transcription, or jazz standard (“Autumn Leaves” etc.)
- Improvisation. Please demonstrate any improvisation skills if possible.
Vocalists: Please select 2 songs of varying styles to sing. Bring music if possible.
Drummers: Play the following styles: swing, rock/hip-hop, bossa nova, samba, Cuban if any, jazz waltz, ballad
Questions or Info:
email@example.com or (602) 432-2678