Pomona College Catering is committed to sustainable practices throughout our operations. We are continually working to find the best ingredients that are produced in an ethical and environmentally-responsible manner. Beyond the ingredients we source, we are always working to green our operations as well. Local and organic produce, humanely-raised beef and chicken, and composting of preproduction food scraps are just some of our sustainability initiatives. We are always happy to work with you to meet your sustainability needs, whether it be a meal featuring items from a local farmer or a zero-waste event.
Current Sustainability Initiatives
- In partnership with the Sustainability Integration Office (SIO), we offer reusable dishware
- Limited Corelleware available for events under 40 guests
- Fair trade organic coffee and Numi tea
- Cage-free eggs from Wilcox Family Farms
- Organic yogurt
- 42nd Street bagels from the Claremont Village
- All natural, locally-produced and handmade bread from Azusa Pacific Bakery
- Organic honey
- Composting of all preproduction food scraps
- Composting available at events upon request
- Donation of leftovers to a local shelter
- Recycling of all paper, cardboard, plastic, glass and metal in the kitchen and at events
- Reusable table cloths
- Recycled napkins when available
- Electric carts used for some campus events
- Compostable disposable products
- Vegan and vegetarian meals available
- Focus on clean ingredient labels
- Bulk items used as much as possible
- We are proud to support many local farms and businesses to supply our produce
Let's work together for a greener Pomona!
For more information on Dining Services' sustainability programs, please see our sustainability page.