Thank you for checking out our Chef Demo hub, where you can find recipes and downloads from our most recent activities from our talented staff!
Please check here regularly for updates!
We also welcome your feedback anytime firstname.lastname@example.org
Quick Pickled Cucumbers – Refrigerator Pickles
From 8/3/2020 Chef Marvin Love Cooking Demo
Pomona College Dining Services
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup vinegar (apple cider, white and rice wine are all good*)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1-2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups sliced garden cucumbers
- ½ cup sliced onion or green onion
- Additional veggies as you like (bell pepper, whole cherry tomatoes, etc)
- In a small bowl, add the water, vinegar, sugar and salt. Stir to combine until the sugar and salt have dissolved. Add the cucumber and onion. Taste and adjust the ingredients to your liking.
- All the cucumbers should be covered in the brine. If you have lots of cucumber or are making a big batch, make more brine.
- Let the mixture rest in the fridge until you are ready to eat. The flavors develop over time, so an overnight soak is great.
- White vinegar is the traditional vinegar for this recipe and a great place to start. If you know that you like apple cider vinegar or rice wine vinegar, they are also good.
- The pickles will last at least a week in the fridge, but get less crisp as time goes on.
- You can reuse your brine a time or two – just add more cucumbers!