Language Lab Assistants staff the Foreign Language Resource Center (Mason 101) during general FLRC hours. An interest in foreign languages and technology is required.
Language Lab Assistant duties include:
- Greeting and assisting visitors at the front desk
- Providing computer and A/V equipment support in the lab
- Cataloging, checking out, and re-shelving equipment and videos
- Enforcing FLRC policy
- Scheduling FLRC reservations on Sakai
- Keeping the FLRC organized and tidy
Other duties (i.e. assisting faculty, staff and students with projects related to teaching with technology) will be assigned as needed.
New and returning Language Lab Assistants are required to attend a training session at the beginning of each semester.