Congratulations to Sanghyun Jeon, Ph.D., the September 2019 recipient of ITS’ Peer-to-Peer Award! Sanghyun, ITS’ Senior Academic Technology Specialist, was nominated for her diligent and graceful work in Sakai. Over the summer, Sanghyun implemented an upgrade to Sakai that improved functionality and added new tools such as:
- An attendance tool, which offers a quick way to assign attendance status and associated grades for students.
- An LTI tool, which enables users to seamlessly integrate external tools such as Gradescope with Sakai.
- New Bullhorn and Commons tools for making the Sakai site more social.
In addition to the Sakai upgrade, Sanghyun has worked hard to create a user-friendly environment, through key features that address user needs, including:
- A Sakai New tab that details all of the new features added over the summer.
- A Tips and Tricks tab that includes frequently asked questions that the help desk receives on Sakai.
- A Help tab that offers users an overview of system features and instructions on how to use each of the system tools. In addition, users can find help when using tools by clicking on the Help icon in the tool title bar.
All of these upgrades and features have helped to ensure the Pomona College community was in good shape as classes started. Sanghyun is especially grateful for the support she received from the Claremont Sakai Administration Team (SAT), the Administrative Information Systems Organization (AISO), and her QA Student Workers, Khadija Jallow and Janice Lee who helped ensure a seamless upgrade.
In the coming year, Sanghyun looks forward to continuing to improve features in Sakai through upgrades and learning analytics. Thank you Sanghyun, for all that you do at ITS to make it happen!