Applications for AY 2019-2020 are only available on Sakai. Unfortunately, the 5-C Housing Exchange is no longer being offered at the Claremont Colleges. Pomona students, please join the Sakai site “Oldenborg Room Draw” and follow the instructions. Here’s what to do:
- Go to https://sakai.claremont.edu and login.
- In “My Workspace,” click on “Membership” and then click on “Joinable Sites.”
- Search for “Oldenborg Room Draw” and join the site.
- You’ll find all the information under “Home.”
Oldenborg Friendship Suites
Oldenborg quads can be filled prior to Room Draw via an Oldenborg Friendship Suite Application (OFSA). Friendship suites require 4 students. Each student should submit a standard language hall application on Sakai plus the group as a whole should submit one OFSA coversheet. Submit the completed OFSA form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
OFSAs will be reviewed separately. Students will receive confirmation of their OFSA status the week of Monday March 26, before Oldenborg Room Draw numbers come out.
- Open to rising Pomona sophomores, juniors, and seniors.
- Target language proficiency equivalent to two semesters of introductory college-level coursework.
- Endorsement from a relevant language faculty member.
- Essay demonstrating interest in the section of choice: Chinese, French, German, Japanese, Russian, and Spanish. Other language(s) may be possible; check application instructions on Sakai.
- Tuesday, February 19: Oldenborg Room Draw applications ONLINE on SAKAI
- Monday, February 24: Oldenborg Room Draw Info Session, 12:15PM-1:15PM, Oldenborg Dining Hall
- Week of Monday, March 25: Oldenborg Friendship Suite application status confirmed
- Wednesday, April 2(late afternoon): Oldenborg Room Draw Numbers available
- Friday, April 5: Oldenborg Room Draw, 3:30PM, Glass Room, Oldenborg Center
Faculty Recommendation Forms are available to students here and on Sakai.