Applications for AY 2017-2018 are only available on Sakai. Please join the Sakai site “Oldenborg Room Draw” and follow the instructions. Applicants from any of the 5Cs can join this site. Here’s what to do:
- Go to https://sakai.claremont.edu and login.
- In “My Workspace,” click on “Membership” and then click on “Joinable Sites.”
- Search for “Oldenborg Room Draw” and join the site.
- You’ll find all the information under “Home.”
Oldenborg Friendship Suites
Oldenborg quads can be filled prior to Room Draw via an Oldenborg Friendship Suite Application (OFSA). Friendship suites require 4 students. Each student should submit a standard language hall application on Sakai plus the group as a whole should submit one OFSA coversheet. Submit the completed OFSA form to email@example.com or the main Oldenborg office.
OFSAs will be reviewed separately. Students will receive confirmation of their OFSA status the week of Monday March 27, before Oldenborg Room Draw numbers come out.
- Open to rising Pomona sophomores, juniors, and seniors.*
- Target language proficiency equivalent to two semesters of introductory college-level coursework.
- Endorsement from a relevant language faculty member.
- Essay demonstrating interest in the section of choice: Chinese, French, German, Japanese, Russian, and Spanish. Other language(s) may be possible; check application instructions on Sakai.
*5C students may apply, but require a housing swap. Check application instructions on Sakai.
- Tuesday, February 21: Room Draw applications ONLINE on SAKAI
- Monday, February 27: Room Draw Info Session, 12:15PM-1:15PM, Oldenborg Dining Hall
- Friday, March 10: Room Draw and 5C Exchange Applications DUE by 4PM
- Week of Monday, March 27: Friendship Suite application status confirmed
- Tuesday, April 4: Room Draw Numbers available
- Friday, April 7: Oldenborg Room Draw, 3:30PM, Glass Room, Oldenborg Center
Faculty Recommendation Forms are available to students here and on Sakai.