The OEC has a checkout counter for equipment and gear. Gear is available for students for a nominal fee and, in many cases, free of charge with only a returnable deposit required.
Equipment available for checkout includes:
- Backpacking Gear: backpacks, backcountry stoves, water filters, first aid kits
- Basic Camping Gear: sleeping bags and pads, camp chairs, hammocks, bear canisters, coolers, water jugs, Dutch ovens, tents (2-3 person and 6-8 person), headlights, flashlights
- Camp Kitchen Accessories: 2 burner stoves, pots, pans, fuel, utensils, spice kits, wash supplies
- Outdoor Games: Frisbees, volleyballs
- Climbing Gear: Climbing shoes
- Snow Gear: Sleds, snowshoes
- Water Gear: Surfboards, boogie boards, dry bags, snorkel/mask, flippers, skimboards, life jackets
- Library: Guidebooks, instructional books, LOTS of maps
Stop by to visit the center anytime during our open hours: Monday - Thursday, 1 p.m. to 8 p.m., and Friday, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.