The Outdoor Education Center of Pomona College is one of the premier outdoor education programs in the country. We provide hands-on opportunities for all students in outdoor recreation and education, promote the preservation and conservation of the natural environment, and develop student leadership skills.
We believe it's important that students can get out and have fun without losing sight of the general mission to educate and build leadership skills.
The OEC, housed in LEED Platinum-certified Dialynas Hall (map), is deeply committed to sustainable programming and community engagement. We have many partnerships, both on and off campus, with academic departments, intercollegiate programs, and community organizations.
Our many services include:
- Workshops throughout the academic year on topics like wilderness medicine and first aid, climbing, map/compass orienteering, and mountaineering
- Orientation Adventure, Pomona's off-campus program for incoming students
- Equipment checkout for students, staff and faculty
- Expertise and logistical planning assistance for educational field trips
- Outdoors-related event programming, like film screenings and talks
- A library of 400+ books, guides, and maps