Prehealth Request Transcripts

It is your responsibility to arrange to have your official transcripts sent to a centralized application service and also to any schools requesting an official transcript through the Pomona College Registrar. Below are instructions:

You will need to request two official blue copies of your Pomona transcripts from the Registrar. One to use in filling out your centralized application, the other to be sent directly to the CAS.

Spring grades will be available late May. If you studied abroad in Spring, do not wait for those grades to post as that can take 1-6 months. However, remember that you may send an updated transcript once that information is available; if you are sending it after you have submitted your centralized application, the updated transcript needs to be sent directly to the school. If you have graduated, you can request your Pomona transcript at any time once you have entered in your schools attended on the centralized application.

The Pomona Registrar sends transcripts to AMCAS and AACOMAS electronically and to TMDSAS via mail. When completing the request online, select the appropriate CAS. It is recommended you attach the CAS Transcript Request/Matching Form as well. To mail a transcript to a specific address, click “Send to Yourself, Another Individual, or Third Party.”

If you have taken courses outside the 5Cs, you will need to contact those institutions for an official transcript as well. The centralized application services require a transcript from each U.S. or Canadian postsecondary institution where you have attempted coursework, even if the credit was subsequently transferred to and accepted by another school. Request these transcripts early to ensure efficient processing. Courses that are taken at any of the 5Cs and listed on your Pomona transcript are considered home courses. You do not need to list other 5Cs as separate schools attended or request transcripts from these institutions.

If you studied abroad via an approved Pomona program or program that was approved by the study abroad committee, you do not need to request a separate transcript. If you completed an independent study abroad program (this is rare), check the appropriate CAS instruction manual for instructions.

FAQ's About Transcripts & Coursework for Applicants

Enter your courses and grades exactly as they appear on the official transcript(s). The only exceptions being that you do not need to include the Claremont College school code (PO, PZ, SC, etc.). For AACOMAS and TMDSAS, convert the Pomona credit hours to a 4.0 scale. For AMCAS, just enter the credit hours exactly as they appear.

Transcripts that list the lab and lecture courses together should be listed as one entry on the centralized application. For AMCAS also select “combined lecture and lab”. If only the lecture is listed on the transcript, but the course included a lab section you can add “with laboratory” to the course name. Lab means scientific research.

Use your best judgment when selecting course subjects. Use the department name or classify based on the primary content area. If you are still unsure, refer to the course classification guide in the relevant CAS instruction manual.

In AMCAS, list study abroad coursework under the foreign college exactly as it appears on the sponsoring institution transcript (ex: Pomona) and create an entry for both the sponsoring and foreign institutions in “Schools Attended”. In AACOMAS and TMDSAS, list study abroad coursework under the sponsoring institution exactly as it appears on the sponsoring institution transcript and mark the courses “study abroad”. Do not add the foreign college as a school attended.  

Only enter in AP courses for which you received college credit. At Pomona, you receive a maximum of two AP credits, but these are generic. Therefore, if you entered in with more than two acceptable AP courses, you can decide which two to count and list on your centralized application.

Do not list Pomona internship notations as courses. Although they appear on your Pomona transcript, they are not official courses.