Pomona College does not complete apostilles for students, but we are happy to provide you with the documentation so you can obtain an apostille yourself.
Educate yourself on the apostille process and requirements
- Visit the California Secretary of State website for information on obtaining an apostille in California.
- Visit the Apostille US website for general information on the apostille requirements.
How does Pomona College help with apostilles?
The Office of the Registrar can supply a notarized letter to you or to your proxy which attests to the authenticity of your Pomona College diploma or transcript, and you can use the notarized documents to request the apostille. You or your proxy may then convey the documents to the California Secretary of State to obtain the Authentication Certificate.
To obtain materials from the Office of the Registrar
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to tell us you want to get an apostille, and which item(s) you want to be notarized. Include instructions on how you would like us to issue the documents - see below for how to request the documents you want.
Upon receipt of all the necessary documents and information, we are normally able to complete the document notarization(s) within five business days. Allow additional time for replacement diploma orders.
- If you want the notarization and document(s) mailed, provide the full name and postal address of your recipient.
- If you want to pick up your notarization and document(s) in person, let us know if you will pick them up yourself or the name/organization of the third party that will pick them up for you.
- If you want to find a third party or proxy to pick up the notarized letter and document(s), you can search for an Apostille Service online; we do not recommend any specific services.
If you need a notarized letter which attests to the authenticity of your diploma, you will need to either mail the original diploma to our office (Office of the Registrar, 550 N. College Ave., Claremont, CA 91711) or you will need to request a replacement diploma.
- If you mail the original diploma to our office you must provide pre-paid return envelope/label so we can return the diploma to you once the notarization is complete. We suggest UPS or FedEx shipping services.
- If you order a replacement diploma, the fee already includes shipping to you. Allow 4-6 weeks processing time for replacement diplomas.
If you need a notarized letter which attests to the authenticity of your transcript, you will need to order one through Parchment. Be sure to select “Paper Transcript – Pickup” as the Parchment delivery method.