I'm a Participant! What Happens Next?
Congratulations on being accepted by Pomona College to study abroad! Once you have returned your signed contract and release agreement, you become a Study Abroad Participant. Required Participation Forms can be found in the post decision questionnaires of the online application and contain a wealth of information that you will need to prepare yourself for study abroad. We hope you will enjoy browsing through our many resources.
So, now that you're accepted, what happens next?
Fall 2020 Agreements & Participation Forms
- Due by Tuesday, March 24th, 2020:
- Study Abroad Acceptance Agreement (required)
- Release Agreement (required, with parent/guardian signature)
- Due by Thursday, April 9th, 2020:
- All Post Decision items in the application portal
Dates for Fall 2020 Study Abroad Orientations
Orientation is a vital part of your study abroad preparation and there are two mandatory orientations required for all students. Please make the necessary arrangements in your schedule to attend.
General Study Abroad Orientation
All study abroad participants are required to attend one General Orientation session (other Claremont College students should attend their home school's orientation in place of the Pomona Pre-Departure Orientation).
- Monday, April 13th, 7:00 - 9:00 p.m., Hahn 101
- Friday, April 17th, 1:30 – 3:30 p.m., Hahn 101
Small Group Orientations
Participants on Approved Programs are required to attend the Small Group Orientation that applies to their program.
- Wednesday, April 22nd, 6:00 – 7:30 p.m., SCC 201
Pre-Departure Petition Orientation Assignment
Participants on a Program by Petition are required to submit a pre-departure petition orientation assignment in place of the small group orientation. These participants do not attend the Small Group Orientation.
- Details will be provided in a separate e-mail.
- Due Date: Friday, May 8th