I'm a Participant! What Happens Next?
Congratulations on being accepted by Pomona College to study abroad! Once you have returned your signed contract and release agreement, you become a Study Abroad Participant. Required Participation Forms can be found in the post decision questionnaires of the online application and contain a wealth of information that you will need to prepare yourself for study abroad. We hope you will enjoy browsing through our many resources.
So, now that you're accepted, what happens next?
- Due by March 20, 2018:
- Study Abroad Acceptance Agreement (required)
- Release Agreement (required)
- Due by March 26, 2018:
- All Post Decision items in the application portal
Dates for Fall 2018 Study Abroad Orientations
Orientation is a vital part of your study abroad preparation and there are two mandatory orientations required for all students. Please make the necessary arrangements in your schedule to attend.
General Study Abroad Orientation
All study abroad participants are required to attend one General Orientation session (other Claremont College students should attend their home school's orientation in place of the Pomona Pre-Departure Orientation).
- Friday, April 13th from 1:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. in Hahn 108
- Monday, April 16th from 7:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. in Hahn 108
Small Group Orientations
Participants on Approved Programs are required to attend the Small Group Orientation that applies to their program.
- Wednesday, April 18th at 6:00 p.m. in Smith Campus Center Hart Room 201
- Participants in the following programs will be contacted for information on their Small Group Orientation:
- Cape Town/Globalization, the Environment and Society
- DIS Copenhagen
- London/Molecular Biosciences
- ICU Tokyo
Pre-Departure Petition Orientation Assignment
Participants on a Program by Petition are required to submit a pre-departure petition orientation assignment in place of the small group orientation.
- Details will be provided in a separate e-mail.
- Due Date: May 4, 2018