I'm a Participant! What Happens Next?
Congratulations on being accepted by Pomona College to study abroad! Once you have returned your signed contract and release agreement, you become a Study Abroad Participant. Required Participation Forms can be found in the post decision questionnaires of the online application and contain a wealth of information that you will need to prepare yourself for study abroad. We hope you will enjoy browsing through our many resources.
So, now that you're accepted, what happens next?
Spring 2020 Agreements & Participation Forms
- Due by October 14, 2019:
- Study Abroad Acceptance Agreement (required)
- Release Agreement (required, with parent/guardian signature)
- Due by October 25th, 2019:
- All Post Decision items in the application portal
Dates for Spring 2020 Study Abroad Orientations
Orientation is a vital part of your study abroad preparation and there are two mandatory orientations required for all students. Please make the necessary arrangements in your schedule to attend.
General Study Abroad Orientation
All study abroad participants are required to attend one General Orientation session (other Claremont College students should attend their home school's orientation in place of the Pomona Pre-Departure Orientation).
- Thursday, November 14th, 7:00 - 9:00 p.m., Hahn 101
- Friday, November 15th, 1:30 – 3:30 p.m., Hahn 101
Small Group Orientations
Participants on Approved Programs are required to attend the Small Group Orientation that applies to their program.
- Wednesday, November 20th, 6:00 – 7:30 p.m., Oldenborg Dining Hall
- Cambridge and Cape Town GES students will be included in this orientation.
- A separate small group orientation will be held for the Copenhagen program on Wednesday, October 30th in Seaver Theatre room 100, 7:00 – 8:30 p.m. (Copenhagen participants do not attend the November 20th orientation)
Pre-Departure Petition Orientation Assignment
Participants on a Program by Petition are required to submit a pre-departure petition orientation assignment in place of the small group orientation. These participants do not attend the Small Group Orientation.
- Details will be provided in a separate e-mail.
- Due Date: Friday, December 13th
Fall 2019 Peer Mentor Events
- "Budgeting and Navigating Class Identity While Abroad" - November 13, 7:00 PM, SCC 216
- "Mental Health Abroad: Pre-Departure, While Away & Returning" - November 14, 12:00-1:15 PM, Frary North PDR
- "Studying Abroad in the Global South" - November 15, 4-6 PM, ISMP Lounge (under Clark V)
- "Navigating Homestays and Integrating with Locals" - November 21, 7:30-8:30 PM, SCC 217