COVID-19 Symptoms

In the COVID-19 pandemic, we all need to work together to promote safety on campus. An important part of that involves knowing the symptoms, following safety rules and getting medical advice and care as needed.

Symptoms FAQ

What are COVID-19 symptoms?

COVID-19 symptoms can include:

  • Fever or chills
  • Cough
  • Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
  • Muscle or body aches
  • New loss of taste or smell
  • Sore throat
  • Congestion or runny nose
  • Nausea or vomiting
  • Diarrhea

How should I monitor my symptoms?

Students should monitor their symptoms daily. All students must sign the community agreement and abide by its public health measures.

The daily health check form is no longer required for faculty and staff who come to campus. However, we do ask that faculty and staff fill out the daily health check if you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms so Nurse Stephanie Garcia-Barragan can advise on the appropriate next steps.


Who should I contact with COVID-related medical questions?

Students with COVID-related medical questions or concerns should contact Student Health Services. If students need assistance after hours or on weekends, please contact TimelyCare Health.

Staff and faculty should contact their healthcare provider or Nurse Stephanie Garcia-Barragan at the campus Hamilton Health Box Clinic.

What should I do if I have or suspect I have COVID-19?

Students should contact Student Health Services.

All faculty and staff who

  • know they are COVID-19 positive through a test,
  • suspect they have COVID-19 through symptoms,
  • are under an order to self-isolate or quarantine issued by a health care practitioner or the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health (or other local, state, or federal agency), or
  • otherwise know they have been exposed to someone with COVID-19

should immediately report that result to both Hamilton Health Box Nurse Stephanie Garcia-Barragan and Carol Saldivar in Pomona’s Human Resources Office at This is required so that the College may report to the state as well as our workers’ compensation carrier.