Testing will be an important part of keeping us safe. Unvaccinated students will be tested twice per week and vaccinated students once per week. Unvaccinated faculty and staff will also be tested twice weekly, and vaccinated faculty and staff have the option of being routinely tested or tested upon request.
Will all students be tested for COVID-19?
All students will be tested regularly. Vaccinated students will be tested once per week, and the small number of students who are not vaccinated due to valid exemptions will be tested twice weekly.
What is the testing schedule for vaccinated students?
Weekly testing schedule (starting Aug. 30):
- Monday: first-years
- Tuesday: sophomores
- Wednesday: juniors
- Thursday: seniors
When do unvaccinated students get tested?
The small number of students who are not vaccinated due to exemptions will be tested every Tuesday and Friday.
Where does testing take place?
Testing for Pomona students is at Walker Lounge.
Note: Tests are saliva-based, and students must not eat or drink anything (including water), brush their teeth or apply anything to their lips for 60 minutes prior to testing.
Students will receive results from Student Health Services via text and access to the Student Health Service portal.
Faculty & Staff
How do I know if I need to be tested for COVID-19?
If you are displaying any symptoms or have been exposed you can contact either your healthcare provider or Nurse Stephanie Garcia-Barragan at the Hamilton Health Box Clinic to be assessed for testing.
Where is the clinic located?
The clinic is located at 118 8th Street.
I am vaccinated. What do I do if I want to be tested for COVID-19?
Vaccinated faculty and staff can request to be tested once per week by contacting Nurse Stephanie Garcia-Barragan at the Hamilton Health Box Clinic.
What is the testing schedule like for unvaccinated employees?
Faculty and staff who are not vaccinated (with approved exemptions) will be required to be tested twice per week.
How long do test results take?
Test results typically arrive in 24 to 36 hours. The test involves a self-administered nasal swab.
What are the hours for COVID-19 testing on campus?
The Hamilton Health Box (HHB) clinic is open to administer COVID-19 tests to Pomona employees Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Faculty and staff should contact nurse Stephanie Garcia-Barragan at (909) 607-0616 to make an appointment. Tests for Pomona employees are administered at no cost.
On-Campus Clinic Services for Faculty & Staff
Pomona College, working with healthcare provider Hamilton Healthbox (HHB), has established an on-campus clinic overseen by a nurse focusing on COVID-19 issues.
What services does the clinic and nurse provide?
Overseeing Pomona’s COVID-19-related health protocols and to consult with faculty and staff, HHB provides a bilingual nurse, dedicated to the Pomona campus but employed and trained by HHB, whose duties include:
- establishing and operating an on-campus clinic to provide COVID-19 advising, testing and contact-tracing services for the campus community;
- advising faculty and staff who report COVID-19 symptoms or exposure to someone who tested positive;
- administering a PCR test when appropriate and, based on test results, advising faculty or staff members on the need to stay off campus and when they will be cleared to return to work;
- alerting the College’s COVID compliance officer in Human Resources as to the work status of affected faculty or staff members;
- implementing contact tracing procedures in the event that a faculty or staff member tests positive for COVID-19;
- alerting other members of the Pomona campus community as to possible exposure; and
- helping the College community implement state and county public health standards and continue to develop appropriate health practices.
How can I contact the nurse on campus?
Faculty and staff can reach Nurse Stephanie Garcia-Barragan at the on-campus clinic Monday through Friday at (909) 607-0616.
Can I get in touch with the nurse after hours?
If you are having an emergency, please call 911. You can reach the nurse to receive non-emergency consultations after hours at (909) 607-0616.