I’m writing with updates regarding Pomona College’s COVID-19 policies. Recent changes to Los Angeles County’s public health guidance for COVID-19, have led to updates to Pomona’s policies for staff and faculty.
New updates to COVID-19 policies are:
- Faculty and staff with COVID-19 in isolation can end their isolation after five days (so, on Day 6) WITHOUT any antigen testing needed as long as:
- Symptoms are not present, or are mild and improving, AND
- Fever-free for 24-hours (without the use of fever-reducing medication)
- If fever is present, isolation continues until 24 hours after fever resolves
- If symptoms, other than fever, are not improving, continue to isolate until symptoms are improving or until after Day 10
- Mask wearing will continue to be required when around others even after isolation ends, especially in indoor settings, through Day 10.
- Staff and faculty who have had a close contact with someone who is COVID positive are strongly encouraged (but not required) to mask, as well as test as soon as possible and then, if negative, testing again 3-5 days after last known exposure.
A reminder that voluntary testing is still available through Hamilton Health Box. For hours of operation or contact information, visit our COVID-19 website.
While some COVID-19 policies are being adjusted in response to changing public health guidance, we strongly urge you to continue being vigilant in protecting yourself and keeping our community safe. We are still in this together and have a responsibility to each other.
Melanie Wu – Vice President for Academic Affairs & Dean of the College
Bob Robinson – Assistant Vice President, Facilities and Campus Services