What is the CARES Office?
The Campus Advocacy, Resources, Education, and Support Office is Pomona College’s confidential advocacy, resources, and education office for interpersonal violence, including sexual assault, dating/domestic violence, sexual harassment, and stalking. We provide prevention education, including how to support a friend and upstander opportunities, as well as support for students impacted by sexual and gender-based violence. We have Campus Advocates and Peer Educators that work to support and educate our campus community!
Our mission is to create a just, caring community and a culture of respect focused on advancing equity, empowerment, and ending all forms of discrimination based on sex, sexuality, gender and gender identity and/or expression. We embrace a holistic, comprehensive, and intersectional approach to our work. We are dedicated to engaging faculty, staff, and student as we implement leading practices in prevention and support at Pomona College.
Are You in Immediate Need of Support?
- If this is an emergency, please call 911.
- If you would like crisis peer support, reach out to the Project Sister Campus Advocates.
Call the hotline (909) 626-4357 and say, “I am a Pomona College student and would like to speak to a Campus Advocate.”
- Campus Advocates are available 24/7, while classes are in session. The Project Sister community advocate is also available 24/7, regardless of classes being in session.
- You can also meet with a Campus Advocate in person during drop-in hours at the Heart Center.
- For more information, visit our “Project Sister Campus Advocates at Pomona College” page.
- To speak to a therapist, call Monsour Counseling and Psychological Services (MCAPS).
For their crisis line, call (909) 621-8202 and dial “1”