What is the CARES Office?
The Campus Advocacy, Resources, Education, and Support Office is Pomona College’s confidential advocacy, resources, and education office for interpersonal violence, including sexual assault, dating/domestic violence, sexual harassment, and stalking. We provide prevention education for the campus community to ensure we are building a community with a culture of respect and support. We also seek to provide aid and resources for students who are impacted by sexual and gender-based violence. Our student staff, who serve as Campus Advocates, work to support and educate our campus community!
Our mission is to create a just, caring community and a culture of respect focused on advancing equity, empowerment, and ending all forms of discrimination based on sex, sexuality, gender and gender identity and/or expression. We embrace a holistic, comprehensive, and intersectional approach to our work. We are dedicated to engaging faculty, staff, and student as we implement leading practices in prevention and support at Pomona College.
Are You in Immediate Need of Support?
- If this is an emergency, please call 911.
- If you would like crisis peer support, call or text (909) 905-0035 to speak to a CARES Campus Advocate.
- Campus Advocates are available 24/7, while classes are in session.
- You can also meet with a Campus Advocate in person during drop-in hours at the Heart Center.
- For more information, visit our “Campus Advocates” page.
- To speak to a therapist, call Monsour Counseling and Psychological Services (MCAPS).
For their crisis line, call (909) 621-8202 and dial “1”