Participants will be selected by a committee of Pomona College faculty, staff and students. The selection committee will consider every part of the application and make recommendations based on academic potential. In some cases, the selection committee will request to interview an applicant. Each year the committee admits 30 participants.
The dates for the 2018 selection process are as follows:
- Application Opens: Wednesday, November 1, 2017
- Application Deadline: Friday, February 2, 2018 (complete application and supporting documents must be postmarked by this date)
- Application Review: March 1 – April 27, 2018
- Notification of Decision: Friday, May 4, 2018
Summer Program Dates
Sunday, June 17 – Friday, July 13, 2018
**Academic Year Calendar will be shared upon admission.
There is no cost for participation in PAYS. Pomona College covers all costs including housing, food, activities, and transportation to field trips. Students will only be required to bring basic school supplies, such as pencils and paper.
Please use the PAYS Application Checklist [pdf] to ensure you submit a complete application, which includes the following components:
- Online Personal Information Form (preferred) OR Paper Personal Information Form [pdf]
- Two Completed Essays [pdf]
- Two Recommendation Forms [pdf]
- Official High School Transcript
Please submit any documents by email, fax, mail or in person, as follows:
Fax: (909) 607-8006
Mail or in person:
Draper Center for Community Partnerships
735 N. Dartmouth Ave. Claremont, CA 91711
Phone: (909) 607-1810
For questions or to have a full paper application mailed to you, please contact Stephanie Rios at (909) 607-1810 or PAYS@pomona.edu