Participants will be selected by a committee of Pomona College faculty, staff and students. The selection committee will consider every part of the application and make recommendations based on academic potential. In some cases, the selection committee will request to interview an applicant. Each year the committee admits 30 participants.
The dates for the 2016 selection process are as follows:
- Application Opens: Monday, December 21, 2015
- Application Deadline: Friday, February 19, 2016 (complete application and supporting documents must be postmarked by this date)
- Application Review: February 22 – April 29, 2016
- Notification of Decision: Tuesday, May 3, 2016
Summer Program Dates
Sunday, June 19 – Friday, July 15, 2016
**Academic Year Calendar will be shared upon admission.
There is no cost for participation in PAYS. Pomona College covers all costs including housing, food, activities, and transportation to field trips. Students will only be required to bring basic school supplies, such as pencils and paper.
Please use the PAYS Application Checklist [pdf] to ensure you submit a complete application, which includes the following components:
- Online Personal Information Form (PREFERRED) OR Paper Personal Information Form [pdf]
- Two Completed Essays [pdf]
- Two Recommendation Forms [pdf]
- Official High School Transcript
Please submit any documents by email, fax, mail or in person, as follows:
Fax: (909) 607-8006
Mail or in person:
Draper Center for Community Partnerships
735 N. Dartmouth Ave. Claremont, CA 91711
Phone: (909) 607-1810
For questions or to have a full paper application mailed to you, please contact Sergio Marín or Katia Jimenez at (909) 607-1810 or PAYS@pomona.edu