Pomona Housing and Residence Life offers limited summer housing to assist students that are employed in summer work at that College. Please read below regarding this year's timeline, changes, and processes. Summer Supervisors and Summer Students Employees are recommended to review the content below.
Please note that Summer Supervisors initiate the Summer Housing application process for their student employees, (more information below).
For any additional questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Enrolled Pomona Student: Only returning Pomona College students with active enrollment in the following Fall are eligible.
- Pomona Student Employee: Students must be actively hired for a Pomona campus-based position during the summer. Students may only participate in Summer Housing during active employment dates.
- Application Posted: Monday, April 17th on Residence
- Supervisor Application Due: Monday, May 1st
- Student Application Due: Monday, May 3rd
- Summer Housing Dates: Summer Housing begins on May 21st, 2023 and ends on August 26th, 2023
- Summer Supervisors: will also be provided a supervisor form to complete by HRL.
Step 1: Summer Supervisors must complete the Summer Supervisor Housing form to initiate the application process, preferably by May 1st.
Step 2: Once received, HRL will notify students that they are eligible for summer housing and provide a Summer Housing Application on the student’s Residence portal.
Step 3: Students must complete their Summer Housing Application on Residence.
Summer Supervisors: will also be provided a supervisor form to complete by HRL.
Cost and Billing
Cost: $300/week including housing and meal plan.
Billing: students will be billed via their student account.
Billing week Sunday-Saturday: students may arrive to campus beginning the Sunday of their designated week, after 2:00 p.m. Students will be billed according to the planned Sunday arrival, regardless of actual arrival day.
Dining Hall: Frary Dining Hall
- Breakfast: 7:30 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.
- Lunch: 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- Dinner: 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Weekends: meals will be provided via pack-out meals available for pick up each Friday lunch or Friday dinner period.
Community Kitchens: Sontag and Dialynas kitchens are available for use throughout the summer for food preparation.
Meal plan service will begin on Monday morning for those arriving on Sunday.
- Residence Halls: Summer Housing will be primarily offered in Sontag and Dialynas halls
Room Placement: Housing and Residence Life will assign single rooms in 4 or 6 person suites by the Housing and Residence Life Office according to housing stock, matching profiles, application data, and occupancy dates.
Check-in: Students can pick up their key at Campus Safety at 101 South Mills Avenue starting at 2:00pm the Sunday of their assigned move-in week.
Check-out: Students can check out by returning their key to the Walker lounge Key Dropbox and emailing email@example.com.
Spring to Summer Housing Transition
- Transition Week Housing: Students needing transition housing between Spring Semester Move-out (Saturday, May 13th) and Sunday, May 21st can apply for Late Stay approval according to the Late Stay policy and application timeline.
- In order to clean spring rooms and prepare summer rooms, students may be assigned interim housing spaces before their summer assignment.
- Transition Week Meals: Meal Service will be temporarily offered through Oldenborg Dining Hall.
Summer to Fall Transition
- Fall Campus Housing: Students in qualified Summer Housing (still employed at Pomona) will be able to move into their Fall assignments on Friday, August 10th. Students must complete their move by Sunday, August 13th. Students will still be billed for at the Summer Housing rate until Fall Move-in.
- Early Arrival Campus Groups: Student Leaders with groups that provide early arrival housing and meal plans (ex. Athletics, Res Life Training, etc.) will not be charged for summer housing starting at the group’s approved move-in date.