International & Domestic Programs Travel Resources

U.S. Department of State

USA Study Abroad


CIA World Factbook

Country Reports

Country Reports

Airfare Booking

Please wait until you have received acceptance from Pomona College and your program provider/host university to book your travel. All Pomona College students eligible for a travel allowance will be required to book their travel through our travel agent and will receive a clearance email from the  IDPO when they have met the requirements to do so.

Time & Money Resources

Guidebooks & Maps

Rail & Bus Travel


Hostelling International

Tourist Information

Most states and countries have official tourist offices that are government agencies designed to promote tourism in their locale. These are often great sources for information and will provide you with free maps, guides and travel brochures upon request. You can contact theses official tourist offices through the following links.

Tourism Offices Worldwide Directory


International Embassies in the U.S. can be great resources for information about your study abroad country. You may find it useful to contact the embassy in the U.S. for the country in which you will study. Most mbassies are located in Washington D.C., however some countries also have consulates in other major U.S. cities, such as Los Angeles. If you are required to obtain a student visa for your study abroad destination, you should check with the country’s embassy to find out about the application process and requirements. Usually, you will apply for your visa through a consulate located in a major city near your home town or near Pomona College, rather than through the embassy itself. See our Visas page for more information.

U.S. Embassies

U.S. Embassies abroad can be important contacts for you. When you are abroad you should register with the local U.S. Embassy. Students traveling with passports from another country should instead register with the embassy of their passport-issuing country.