A Native American word meaning "happy place," Halona has been a quiet, restful, retreat center for Pomona College students, faculty, staff and alumni for decades. Halona is made available for College related activities throughout the entire year and is available for use by Pomona College faculty, staff and alumni for personal use outside of the academic year. Halona is located in Idyllwild, California about one and one half hours from campus by car.
To access the reservation form:
- Go to my.pomona.edu and login with your username and password.
- Click the button for CollegiateLink. (Turn off any pop-up blockers.)
- Navigate to the Outdoor Education Center page.
- Under the forms tab, click on “Halona Reservation Form.”
Reservation acceptance is determined by the Halona Committee and priority is given to student/faculty groups. Personal use reservations may be cancelled with a minimum of thirty days notice, should a campus group request the same date.
- Pomona College or 5-C student organizations - $125/night
- Pomona College faculty or staff departments - $150/night
- Pomona College staff or faculty personal use - $175/night
If you are interested in using Halona or have questions you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org.