Pomona College welcomes applications from Claremont Colleges Consortium students for the following Pomona-administered and consortium programs:
- Pomona College Program at International Christian University in Tokyo, Japan (fall only)
- Pomona College Program at the University of Edinburgh, Scotland (fall only)
- Pomona College Program at Jesus College, Cambridge University, England (spring only)
- Pomona College Caracol Archaeological Project, Belize (spring only)
- Macalester-Pomona-Swarthmore Program: Globalization, the Environment and Society at University of Cape Town, South Africa (spring only)
- Associated Kyoto Program in Kyoto, Japan (fall, spring, or full year)
Claremont Colleges students will need the approval of their home college to participate in these programs.
Select one of the programs listed above to visit the program brochure page. In the upper right-hand corner, click the “Apply Now” button.
This will immediately take you to a login page. Please select the university from which you attend and enter your student ID # and password. Once you are logged in, you will be prompted to select the term (semester/year) that you wish to apply for. After you click “Apply,” you will see your program application page. This page shows a checklist of required elements of the application in the pre-decision phase, including the following:
- Material submissions
- Signature documents
- Application questionnaires
Students from other Claremont Colleges are required to attend an advising session. Therefore, they will be taken to the advising form rather than the application and will need to request access to the application from a study abroad advisor.
Applicants are also strongly encouraged to attend the information session for their chosen program.
You must submit all required elements by the deadline to complete your application to study abroad.
Deadlines for Fall 2019 Programs
Friday, January 4, 2019 - Kyoto (AKP)
Friday, February 22, 2019 - Tokyo ICU and Edinburgh applications due
Students will also need to ask their home college Registrar to send two official transcripts to Pomona by Pomona’s application deadline. For the Kyoto program, the second transcript should be sent directly to the Associated Kyoto Program’s office.
Students will also need to complete a secondary application for their program.
Applicants to the Kyoto program should meet with the program faculty liaison, Peter Flueckiger. The secondary application is available on the Associated Kyoto Program’s website.