Congratulations on your upcoming Commencement! Please visit this page regularly for information on activities leading up to Commencement Weekend.
Please note that the May 2023 Commencement activities include graduates from Summer 2022, Fall 2022 and May 2023.
Key Dates and Deadlines
- Wednesday, February 22 | Graduate Information Form due
- Friday, March 24, 6 p.m. | Senior Dinner
- Monday, May 1 and Tuesday, May 2, 1-4 p.m. | Cap and Gown Distribution
- Thursday, May 4, 5-6:30 p.m. | Senior Reception
- Wednesday, May 3 through Friday, May 12 (weekdays only), 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. | Class Day Ticket Distribution
- Friday, May 12, 3:30 p.m. | Baccalaureate Ceremony
- Saturday, May 13 | Class Day
- 2:30 p.m. | Mandatory Commencement Rehearsal
- 3:30 p.m. | Class Photo and Senior Parade
- 4 p.m. | Class Day Awards Ceremony & Dinner (tickets required for dinner)
- Sunday, May 14 | Commencement Ceremony
- 9:30 a.m. | Procession assembles (Fourth Street Pedestrian Walkway)
- 10 a.m. | Commencement Exercises
- 12:30 p.m. | Luncheon
- 1 p.m. | Cap and gown return
- Monday, May 15, Noon | Move-Out Deadline for Graduates
Preparing for Commencement
Graduation Information Form
The Graduation Information Form (GIF) is used to confirm graduate majors and to capture preferred diploma name, pronunciation and hometown. This form is required regardless of whether or not you plan to attend Commencement.
Graduates may access the form through the my.pomona.edu student portal and may submit their information from February 1-22. If you did not complete the GIF during the designated period, please contact the Office of the Registrar.
- Please read the instructions (important for context), then complete the first section on your name pronunciation, major(s) and hometown.
- Then, click submit and wait to be redirected to a second form (it may take several seconds). Please do not hit resubmit or refresh. Here you will make a recording of your name. Please say your name three times in a row, slowly and clearly. You can record your name on your computer or upload an MP3.
Caps and Gowns
Caps and gowns are provided at no cost and graduates should already have placed their order for the ceremony through the Coop Store. Summer 2022 and Fall 2022 graduates and Spring 2023 Graduating seniors may pick up their caps and gowns on May 1-2 from 1-4 p.m. in Room 235 in Smith Campus Center. Graduates who have not yet placed an order or who cannot pick up their caps and gowns during this distribution window should contact Brenda Schmit to make arrangements.
Graduates must return their caps and gowns on Stover Walk immediately after the Commencement ceremony on May 14.
At this time, masking is strongly encouraged, but not required.
These guidelines will be updated as needed. Please check back frequently for the most current requirements.
Class Day and Commencement Activities
Class Day Dinner
"Class Day" is a Pomona College tradition, held on Saturday, May 13, the day before Commencement, for the Class of 2022. Class Day begins with academic department receptions in the morning and culminates in senior academic and leadership awards and a celebratory dinner for seniors and their guests on Marston Quad. For more information about Class Day and ticketing, visit the Class Day Information page. Each graduate is allotted three complimentary tickets for the dinner. All dinner guests, including the graduate, require tickets. Both complimentary and paid tickets must be ordered online.
Graduates may pick up their Class Day Tickets from the Bridges Auditorium Box Office between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. on weekdays between Wednesday, May 3 and Friday, May 12. Additional tickets may be purchased directly from the box office during this time (electronic payments only, please).