Reporting a Crime or Threat
Report all crimes or suspicious activity on or near campus to Campus Safety at (909) 607-2000.
It is the responsibility of all faculty, staff and students to help keep the Pomona campus safe by reporting crime and suspicious activities to Campus Safety.
If you are the victim of a crime or threat, or witness a crime,such as assault, robbery, theft, unwanted sexual behavior, etc., notify Campus Safety at (909) 607-2000 immediately.
You will need to:
- describe the nature of the incident
- provide the time and campus location
- describe the person or people involved, as well as the vehicle if one was involved, and
- direct Campus Safety to any evidence.
If would like support or assistance from the Pomona College On-Call Dean, Campus Safety can contact them for you. You can find other useful numbers in Helpful Numbers.
Campus Safety Escort Service
If you become concerned about your safety while walking on campus, you can use one of the emergency phones (topped with a blue light) to reach Campus Safety directly.
In addition, Campus Safety offers an escort service 24 hours a day. To request the service, call Campus Safety at (909) 607-2000.
These types of incidents are unpredictable, and you may need to alter these suggestions depending on the situation.
If an assailant is in a building:
- Exit immediately if it is safe to do so.
- Tell anyone you encounter to exit immediately.
- Seek shelter in a safe location.
- Call 911, then immediately call Campus Safety at (909) 607-2000. Provide the following information:
- Your name
- Location of incident
- Number of assailants
- Identification or description of assailant(s)
- Number of people with you
- Your location
- Wait for instructions from Campus Safety, the police or the College. The College and/or Campus Safety will provide updated information as available through Everbridge and the College website.
If leaving the building is not possible, or if a lockdown is announced, the following actions are recommended:
- Go to the nearest room or office and shelter in place.
- If safe, allow others to seek refuge with you.
- Close and lock the door. If there is no lock, barricade the door with anything heavy.
- Cover the door window and pull shades. Turn off the lights.
- Stay quiet and silence cell phones and other electronic devices.
- Call Campus Safety at (909) 607-2000 and 911.
- Wait for police to help you out of the building. The College and/or Campus Safety will provide updated information as available through Everbridge and the College website.
The first goal for police will be to get to the assailant. Please remain patient and calm during this time.