Employment for International Students

International students with F-1 VISA status may work on campus.  You must first obtain a Social Security number. The hiring supervisor should provide a hire letter to the student which should be emailed to Kathy Quispe for the additional letter you will need to take to the Social Security Administration to apply for a Social Security number.  Additional information on working as an international student can be found on the International Student Services website.


Your prospective campus supervisor will provide a job offer printed on school letterhead. You should then email a copy of this job offer to Kathy Quispe, the International Student Advisor, who will provide you with a second letter verifying your status as an enrolled student at Pomona College. Bring your student identification, your Visa documentation, the job offer on school letterhead, and your enrolled student verification from Kathy Quispe.

More information on social security administration documentation can also be found on the International Student Services webpage.


It takes about two weeks to receive a Social Security card. However, once a student has been assigned a social security number from the Administration, the student may complete hiring paperwork with Human Resources and, once "cleared to work", may begin working on campus.

International students must complete an International Student W-4 form, along with the standard required forms: the Student Employment Agreement, the Student Hire Form, I-9 (the Form I-9 must be completed in the Human Resources Office), and a Direct Deposit Enrollment Form (optional).


If you have any questions regarding the Student Employment program, please contact the Office of Financial Aid at (909) 621-8205 or financial.aid@pomona.edu.