A Commitment to Need-Based Financial Aid
- Returning students: Deadline to re-apply for financial aid is April 15, 2017. Please use this checklist for renewing your financial aid.
- The FA Office will be open for Admitted Student Days in the spring. Specific dates will be made available when determined by Admissions.
Pomona College is one of a handful of institutions which practice need-blind admissions and provide need-based financial aid.
Dates to Remember
- Regular Decision/Transfer Students-deadline to apply for financial aid is March 1st
- California Residents/Dreamers-deadline to complete your FAFSA is March 1st
- Returning students-deadline to apply for financial aid is April 15th
- Seniors-deadline to apply for a Graduate Fellowship Awards is April 3rd
- Student tuition bills will be available by July 10th
Who Can Apply?
Financial Aid Stats
of our students receive some form of financial aid (includes loans and private outside scholarships)
of our students receive need-based scholarship aid from the college
of our graduating seniors borrow to help finance their college experience
Any family who feels they may need help paying for a Pomona education is welcome to apply for aid. If admitted, applicants can be confident that their full financial need as determined by Pomona's aid office will be met.
How Our Financial Aid Works
- Our financial aid package for each student is comprised of grants, scholarships, and a small work stipend. We do not package loans.
- We determine need through a careful review of each family's financial circumstances. We also take into account special circumstances, and use fair and individual judgment in determining aid awards.
- You're not required to take a loan to meet the cost of attending Pomona. Still, you might want to consider loans to help finance your family's contribution.
Navigate Our Website
Estimate your prospective financial aid eligibility at Pomona. The Net Price Calculator is not an official offer of financial aid nor an application for financial aid, but rather a tool for estimating your eligibility.
Learn the steps and get the documents and links you need to apply for financial aid.
Know the deadlines for submitting your financial aid documents.
Review this year's policies and procedures for enrolled students.
Current, admitted, and matriculated students can log in to access their financial aid information.