A Commitment to Need-Based Financial Aid
Pomona College is one of a handful of institutions which practice need-blind admissions and provide need-based financial aid.
Dates to Remember
- Early Decision 1 Applicants: deadline to apply for financial aid is November 1st
- Early Decision 2/Regular Decision Applicants: deadline to apply for financial aid is January 15th
- Enrolled students: California Residents must submit their FAFSA or CA Dream Act Application no later than March 2nd
- Returning students-deadline to apply for financial aid is April 15th
- Seniors-deadline to apply for a Graduate Fellowship Awards is April 14th
Who Can Apply?
Financial Aid Stats
of our students receive some form of financial aid (includes loans and private outside scholarships)
of our students receive need-based scholarship aid from the college
of our graduating seniors borrow to help finance their college experience
Any family who feels they may need help paying for a Pomona education is welcome to apply for aid. If admitted, applicants can be confident that their full financial need as determined by Pomona's aid office will be met.
How Our Financial Aid Works
- Our financial aid package for each student is comprised of grants, scholarships, and a small work stipend. While loans are available, Pomona does not use loans to meet a student's financial need.
- We determine need through a careful review of each family's financial circumstances. We also take into account special circumstances, and use fair and individual judgment in determining aid awards.
- You're not required to take a loan to meet the cost of attending Pomona. Still, you might want to consider loans to help finance your family's contribution.