A Commitment to Need-Based Financial Aid
Pomona College is one of a handful of institutions committed to need-blind admissions and meeting the full demonstrated financial need of all students who enroll.
Financial Aid Deadlines
- Early Decision 1: November 15th
- Early Decision 2: January 15th
- Regular Decision: January 15th
- Returning Students: January 15th
- Graduate Fellowship Awards: April 14th
- Returning student financial aid offers released to those students with a completed financial aid application: June 15th
- A student's financial need is determined after a careful review of each family's financial documents. We do our best to take into account each family's unique circumstances.
- For eligible students, the Offer of Financial Aid is composed of grant aid and a modest student employment allotment. While loans are available, Pomona does not use loans to meet a student's financial need.
Summer Contribution Emergency Grant
- During the 2020-2021 academic year the minimum student contribution will be replaced with a one-time emergency grant from Pomona College. Pomona will replace the minimum student contribution ($1,900-$2,200) with additional grant funding. This policy applies to all students, current and incoming, who receive financial aid and have a minimum student contribution. We understand that summer employment opportunities will not be readily available given the impact of the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, and students often rely on this income to cover school expenses. This one-year policy is designed to support students during an extraordinary time. The Office of Financial Aid anticipates that a minimum expected student contribution will once again be in place for the 2021-2022 school year and beyond.