The New Student Guide is about living, learning and thriving at Pomona. It is organized into five sections:
- Academic Life: This includes placement exams, Breadth of Study (general ed) requirements for graduation, and how to register for classes. Your faculty advisor will also assist you with this process.
- Residence Halls and Campus Life: This section will explain our Sponsor Program, the first-year residence halls, meal plans, and shipping packages to yourself. Later in July, you will receive more information about your room assignment and sponsor group from the Office of Residential Life.
- Pomona and Claremont Living: Here you will learn about employment opportunities on campus, transportation information, and useful tips about local banks, shopping and the Claremont Village.
- New Student Success: This section will guide you through a successful first year with important academic, engagement, wellness, and leadership information and resources.
- Disability Services: This section will inform you about how to register for accommodations and the documentation required to complete your request.