There are several Pomona College-funded grants and opportunities for faculty who wish to conduct research, fund events, travel to conferences and scholarly meetings, and explore new methods of teaching and learning.
Curriculum Development, Teaching and Learning Grants
There are several grants available to help faculty expand their curriculum development, teaching, and learning knowledge:
- Curriculum Development Grant: For the development of new courses or substantial revision of current courses
- Hahn Teaching With Technology Grants: To support the innovative use of technology for instructional purposes
- Teaching Consultancy: For confidential, one-on-one consultants to offer advice on pedagogy, teaching techniques and classroom management
- Teaching & Learning Center Faculty Auditing Program: Small awards for auditing a course at the Claremont Colleges
- Teaching Innovation Grants: For the enhancement of the teaching of a particular course
- Travel to Teaching Conferences: To assist in traveling to conferences specifically on pedagogy or curriculum development
- Wig Fund (Curriculum, Teaching and Pedagogy): This fund supports the previously mentioned consultancy, auditing program, and grants, as well as the Wig Distinguished Professorship Awards.
Faculty Travel Fund
The Faculty Travel Fund supports faculty attendance at professional and scholarly meetings by providing funding for transportation and lodging.
Internal research grants include the General Research Fund; the Downing College-Pomona College Faculty Exchange Program, wherein a faculty member pursuing a program of research at Cambridge University's Downing College; and the Hirsch Research Initiation Grants, which provide seed money to promising large-scale projects. (For information on non-Pomona-funded research, please visit Sponsored Research.)