ASIAN AMERICAN STUDIES
The Intercollegiate Department of Asian American studies (IDAAS) at The Claremont Colleges seeks to develop each student's knowledge and abilities in critical thinking, the discipline of Asian American Studies and its contribution to understanding society, theory, and methodology. Majors in Asian American Studies will be able to:
1) understand the history and cultural production of Asians in the United States, within both multiracial American and transnational contexts;
2) understand how race as a social construction functions in the world;
3) understand how race intersects with gender, sexualities, and socio-economic class in the world;
4) understand how to carry out a research, creative project, or community-based project in Asian American communities;
5) understand ethical implications of research, creative projects, or community-based projects in Asian American communities.