Funding Sources for Faculty-Student Interaction (Faculty Only)

The Dean of Students Office has funding available to defray the cost of student-faculty interaction activities. Requests must be submitted during the semester the event is taking place, and are on a "first come, first served" basis. Pre-approval is recommended by submitting the form prior to the event.  All reimbursements require original receipts to be provided.

To request funding/reimbursement, please fill out the Faculty-Student Interaction form located on the Dean of Students page on CollegiateLink via the Portal. Once in CollegiateLink, search by organization for the Dean of Students Office.

Student: Academic-Related Funding Support (e.g., Research Conference, Academic Travel and Summer Research Support)

Faculty-Sponsored Student Academic Travel

Students should submit their proposals to the Dean of the College's office first. The Dean of Students Office may also contribute to academic student travel support.

Summer Research

Summer research grants are provided by the Office of the Dean of the College.

Student: Programming on Campus and Co-Curricular Conference or Travel Off-Campus Support

President's Sustainability Fund

The President's Sustainability Fund is a $15,000 annual fund (approved on a yearly basis) for sustainability programs on campus. Focused on technology and infrastructural change instead of events or programming, this fund provides resources for student-oriented campus projects that will reduce the College's environmental impact. Recently funded projects include the water bottle refill and bicycle repair stations at the Smith Campus Center, and the reusable dishes in Catering. For more information, contact the Sustainability Integration Office at

Community Interaction Fund

The Community Interaction Fund in the Dean of Students Office provides funding for the following purposes:

  • Speakers or programs on campus
  • Co-curricular conferences off-campus
  • Community service projects

There is approximately $20,000 for this academic year.  Grants for student travel and conferences can range from $50 to $250, and grants for programs and projects can range from $50 to $300.

To apply for Community Interaction Funding:

Step 1: Complete and submit the Student Funding Request Form on the Dean of Students Collegiate Link page.  For full consideration please allow 2 weeks for processing.

Step 2: If you are awarded funding, complete and submit the Post Event Report on the Dean of Students Collegiate Link page, within 5 days following the event.

Step 3: If applicable please email copies of receipts to or bring them by the Dean of Students Office in Alexander Hall 102. For items that are being reimbursed, original receipts must be provided.

For information on how to access Collegiate Link click here.

Public Events Committee

The Public Events Fund provides financial support for special events that will enhance the intellectual community at Pomona College and facilitate campus-wide, cross-disciplinary academic and social exchange among Pomona students, faculty, and staff. Recurring events are not eligible for this funding. Applications are available here.

ASPC Funding

Funding form for the Associated Students of Pomona College (ASPC)

Emergency Funding Support for Students

Dean of Students Office

Requests for emergency funding from the Dean of Students Office can include certain academic-related expenses as well as non-academic related needs.  Emergency funding is available in the form of loans (available both to students on financial aid and not on financial aid), and in certain circumstances in the form of grants (usually only available to students in the highest need tiers), or a combination of loan and grant.   Funding, whether loan or grant, is usually limited to under $500, and most grants and loans are under $300.

Examples of academic related expense include funding for required course texts or books (but not funding for academic conferences or senior thesis projects). Students may also access emergency grant and loan for computer purchases – we recommend that students check with financial aid with regard to possible loan options; and the Dean of Students office will also contact ITS on behalf of students for possible ITS refurbished desktop computers, which when available, can be provided to students as a  long-term loan. 

Examples of eligible non-academic requests include, but are not limited to, expenses associated with emergency medical, dental, vision procedures, unanticipated trips home due to a family emergency, and various fees related to postgraduate opportunities (e.g., standardized testing and application fees, follow-up interviews, access to formal wear, etc.).  Students may also apply for emergency funding for DACA and Advanced Parole fees.

McCann Emergency Loans

Short-term emergency loans are available to Pomona students needing small amounts of money, usually $500 or less. Loans should be repaid within the semester. Students needing loans should go to the Dean of Students Office, Alexander Hall 102.

For all Dean of Students Emergency Funding Requests or McCann Loan Requests, please complete the Emergency Funding Form on the Dean of Students Office page in CollegiateLink.

Academic or Curriculum Funding Support for Students

Office of Financial Aid

All requests for funding that involve academic or curriculum-related needs (i.e., lab fees, course fees, computer expenses) should be requested through the Office of Financial Aid.

Off-Campus Community Engagement Funding

Grants from the Draper Center for Community Partnerships

For more information about grants, please visit the website for the Draper Center's Community Engagement funding.

Community Interaction Fund

Please see information above.

Community Friends of International Students Grant

Community Friends of International Students secured a grant from the UPS Foundation to support international students with financial need, to attend social, cultural and educational activities sponsored by International Place or by one of the Claremont Colleges or Universities.

For more information, click here or contact International Place of The Claremont Colleges at 909-607-4571.