The Annual Fund is able to receive gifts in a number of ways. Please see below for more information on our options and select what’s best for you. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to call (909) 607-6096 or email us for more information.
Types of Gifts
- One-Time Gifts of Cash: These gifts are available immediately for use by the College and, in most cases, are fully deductible for donors who itemize their federal income taxes. (If a cash gift totals more than 50% of adjusted gross income, the balance may be carried forward for up to five additional tax years.)
- Recurring Gifts of Cash: A recurring gift is also available immediately for use by the College and provides ongoing support with a scheduled monthly or quarterly gift. To set up a recurring gift simply visit our secure online giving form or call (909) 607-6096.
- Gifts of Securities: Appreciated securities may be deducted at full market value on the date of transfer to the College. (Securities that have been held for one year or more are deductible up to 30% of your adjusted gross income; the balance may be carried forward within the same limitation for up to five additional years.) Learn more about gifts of securities.
- IRA Qualified Charitable Distributions: The IRA Qualified Charitable Distribution (“QCD”) provides an excellent opportunity to make gifts to Pomona College without incurring income taxes today or estate tax in the future. Learn more about QCD gifts.
When engaging in stock transfers, please contact Investments Office so we can identify your gift when it arrives.
Give to the Annual Fund
Use your VISA, MasterCard, or American Express to give securely.
Pomona accepts VISA, MasterCard, Discover and American Express. Many donors reap benefits such as frequent flyer miles by contributing using this method, and you may submit a gift online through our secure gift form, or by calling toll-free at 1-888-SAGEHEN.
Please have the following information available when calling:
- Name of donor
- Class year of donor, if applicable
- Credit card number and expiration date
- Amount of gift
By Wire Transfer
To give by wire transfer, please see the instructions on our webpage.
Checks should be made payable to Pomona College, and mailed to:
Office of Leadership and Annual Giving
333 N. College Way
Claremont, CA 91711
Star 47 is our student calling program where Pomona students reach out to you to share College updates and announcements, thank you for supporting Pomona students, academics and programs, and to help make giving your gift to Pomona smooth and easy. So when your phone rings and you see (909) 607-4747 on the screen, be sure to pick up the call and say, "Chirp!" There is a Sagehen student on the other end who wants to talk with you!