Give Back, Pay it Forward
Your reunion is a chance to reunite with friends and rekindle memories of your days at Pomona College. Making a gift in celebration of your reunion is a meaningful and impactful way to give back to the Pomona community of today and support the next generation of talented Sagehens.
Areas of Support
Gifts to the Pomona College Annual Fund provide immediate, unrestricted support for the College’s evolving needs impacting students, faculty members and the campus.
- Donors of $10,000 or more annually become President’s Council members.
- Donors of $1,500 or more annually become Torchbearer members.
- Young alumni from the Classes of 2011 through 2021 who give $1,000 or more annually will also become Torchbearers.
Alumni Scholarship Fund
Gifts to the Alumni Scholarship Fund support Pomona’s longstanding commitment to provide generous financial aid for students of extraordinary promise who will be challenged and inspired to become our next generation of leaders.
If you would like to contribute to a different gift purpose, please email Laura Wensley, director of leadership annual and reunion giving, or call (909) 607-4090.
Ways to Make Your Reunion Gift
In celebration of your reunion, consider one of the following ways to give. To learn more about the many ways of giving, please contact Laura Wensley, director of leadership annual and reunion giving, by email or by calling (909) 607-4090.
- Make a one-time or recurring gift. Give Now
- A multi-year reunion gift over a period of 2–5 years will count towards your class gift total.
- The College also accepts gifts of appreciated securities, matching gifts, gifts from donor advised funds, and IRA qualified charitable distributions (QCDs).
- Join Granite & Sagebrush, the honorary legacy society of Pomona College, by making a provision for the College in your estate plan, or join the Hawley Society by funding a life-income agreement through the Pomona Plan.
Corporate Matching Gifts
Matching gifts are dollars matched by employers in response to charitable contributions made by employees. Retirees, as well as spouses and domestic partners of employees often are also eligible for corporate matching gifts. To find out if your employer is a matching gift company, please contact your personnel or human resources office. To do so:
- Obtain Matching Gift forms from your Human Resources Office.
- Complete the Matching Gift form (or complete your employer's online form).
- Return the Matching Gift form, along with your contribution to Pomona College.
- Matching gifts can also help you qualify for President's Council or Torchbearers gift clubs.
Make a Reunion Gift
Reunion gifts made between July 1, 2021, through June 30, 2022, can be made in one lump sum or spread over a period of 2 to 5 years.
For alumni celebrating their 50th reunion, all gifts made since the 45th reunion (July 1, 2017) will count toward your 50th reunion total. Annual gifts, multi-year commitments, Pomona Plan life-income gifts will count toward your 50th reunion gift total.
55th & 60th Reunions and Diamond Classes
Annual gifts, multi-year commitments, Pomona Plan life-income gifts and qualified legacy gifts made between July 1, 2021, through June 30, 2022, will count toward your class reunion gift total.