AT POMONA COLLEGE YOUR SAFETY IS OUR PRIORITY
The College’s goal is to ensure the safety of our audiences, performers, and staff. Below are the Music Department’s protocols for concert attendance. Please refer back to this page as we continue to update our information.
For Our Concerts
- Stay home if you are ill.
All attendees will need to attest to being symptom-free before entering the venue.
- Masks are required in all our venues.
All attendees MUST wear a mask at all times regardless of vaccination status. Face coverings must completely cover the nose and mouth. Pomona College, following LA County Public Health Department guidelines, recommends well-fitting medical grade surgical masks or higher-level respirators, such as N95 or KN95 masks, especially while indoors. Masks with exhalation valves; and masks made of loosely woven fabrics; scarves, buffs, bandanas, gaiters, and face shields alone are not acceptable. Masks will be available upon request.
- Vaccinations are recommended, but not required.
The Los Angeles County Department of Public Health recommends all guests, 6 months and older, either be fully vaccinated or obtain a negative COVID-19 test as LA County is still seeing high infection rates. Further information and resources can be found on the LA County Department of Public Health website.
Additional safety notes:
- Many concerts will last less than 90 minutes and run without intermission, especially at the beginning of the semester.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be available at indoor concerts.
- Improved indoor air quality with updated air circulation and filtration systems.
- More information on the College and its COVID-19 response is available at the Pomona Safe website.