2017-18 Academic Year: Mykyta Tyshchenko
Tell us something special about your hometown?
I was born in the south of Crimea in Dzhankoy. The temperatures can be drastic depending on the season. It can be as low as -22°F in the winter and as high as 113°F in the summer.
Tell us about a favorite activity that you pursue when you have free time?
I really enjoy cooking, especially baking bread. It’s an essential part to every Ukrainian meal. When I’m baking, I think about positive things and I’ll often talk or sing to the dough. It allows me to unwind and have friends over for dinner.
Tell us when and how you started studying foreign languages and what you like about learning languages?
I started studying English when I was three years old. Since then, learning foreign languages have become my passion. Languages reveal the culture and the mindset of its people. They allow us to better understand one another and can help prevent conflict.
What is your teaching philosophy?
Teaching has always been one of the strongest tools of influence. As a teacher, I try to make my lessons as unique and interesting as possible so that the students can find something special and important in what they’re learning.
Past Russian Language Residents
- 2015-2017: Tatiana Ermolaeva
- 2013-2015: Maria Lentsman
- 2012-2013: Anastasia Bobysheva
- 2011-2012: Veronika Sergeeva
- 2009-2011: Anastasia Smirnova
- 2007-2009: Elvira Amirkhanova
- 2006-2007: Maria Bent
- 2004-2006: Snezhana Zheltoukhova
- 2003-2004: Evgenia Mineeva
- 2001-2003: Natasha Kolupaeva
- 2000-2001: Galina Titova
- 1999-2000: Andrei Khanzin
- 1997-1999: Sofia Ianovskaia
- 1995-1997: Olessia Bordioug
- 1994-1995: Nargis Kasenova
- 1993-1994: Misha Kozareff
- 1992-1993: Elena Nikiforova
- 1991-1992: Nadezhda Maliugina
- 1990-1991: Elena Panina
- 1988-1990: Vera Nazarian
- 1985-1988: Laura Ann Bratoff
- 1980-1985: Yana Yudelevich
- 1978-1980: Masha Sinkevich
- 1976-1978: Galya Diment
- 1972-1976: Masha Sinkevich
- 1970-1973: Lidia Savenkov
- 1969-1970: Roman Yuszczuk
- 1968-1969: Petr Brandeisky