This is a packing list for the Surfing Orientation Adventure trip.
- Printed and signed copies of all required waivers and liability forms.
- Sandals: Nice for walking on the beach.
- 2-3 pairs of socks.
Upper Body Garments
- 1 long underwear shirt or long sleeve shirt
- 1-2 short sleeve shirt or tank top
- 1 insulating layer (fleece, wool sweater, warm sweatshirt)
- 1 waterproof or windproof layer (optional)
Lower Body Garments
- 1 pair of shorts
- 1 pair of pants: nylon or lightweight cotton. Long underwear bottoms are also an acceptable.
- 2 pairs of underwear
- Brimmed hat: for sun protection; a baseball cap is fine
Backpacks and Storage Bags
- 1 daypack: for carrying water and lunch during the day. Can also be a large hipbag or bookbag.
- 1 duffle or other soft luggage: should be able to hold all your gear, it is fine if your sleeping bag and sleeping pad can't fit inside.
- Sleeping bag*
- Sleeping pad*
- Sunscreen: with at least a 15 SPF rating (higher recommended)
- Water bottles: at least 1 quart total
- Toiletries: toothbrush and toothpaste, shampoo, etc. Keep it to a minimum.
- 1 Plastic or metal bowl
- 1 mug
- 1 fork and/or spoon
- Any medications you will require during your trip
- Reading material
- Journal (light and compact)
- Gloves (lightweight, very nice if you get cold easily)
- Frisbee, football, etc.
- Pillowcase or small camping pillow
- Wetsuit (if you have your own, feel free to bring it)
Do Not Bring
- Alcohol or illegal drugs
- A different outfit for each day
- Personal electronic devices other than a cellular phone (cell phones for emergencies only—they must be switched off during trip)
- Only cotton clothes (a synthetic under layer is recommended in case of rain or other unexpected circumstances)
- Other miscellaneous deadweight, e.g. your high school yearbook, etc.
- Non-essential toiletries
Keep your trip gear separate from the rest of your luggage so that you won’t have to sort through all your stuff the night before you depart. Slide-lock ziplock bags are a great packing aid and will ensure that essential items remain clean and dry. Compartmentalize where possible (e.g., camera + film in a ziplock bag).
Pack light, space will be tight on the ride to your campsite!
OA leaders will conduct a gear check before your trip departs—you must have all essential items in your possession in order to depart with your group (excepting some items that can be shared, such as sunscreen).
*Packs, sleeping bags, and pads are available free of charge upon request.
Feel free to call us at 909.607.2531 or e-mail us at email@example.com if you have questions!