The financial aid application consists of the CSS PROFILE, the FAFSA and submission of the prior-prior year's federal tax returns (including all schedules, statements, and Forms W-2 used to file) through IDOC . The CSS PROFILE is used to determine institutional aid eligibility, while the FAFSA is used to determine federal and state financial aid eligibility. In some cases, outside scholarship organizations may require the FAFSA.
The table below indicates the financial aid deadlines based on your application type and links to the CSS PROFILE and FAFSA. You may also download a checklist of this information based on your student type.
|Application Requirement||Early Decision||Regular Decision / Transfer||Renewal|
Apply online: School Code 4607
Noncustodial PROFILE (if applicable)
|ED1 - Nov. 1
ED2 - Feb. 1
|March 1||April 15|
U.S. Citizens and Permanent Residents must complete the FAFSA to be considered for federal and state aid programs.
|November 1||March 1||April 15|
Upload through IDOC the prior-prior year's U.S. tax form, Forms W-2 and schedules used to file the Federal Tax Return.
|November 1||March 1||April 15|
Download a checklist of the application materials and deadlines for your student type.
|Early Decision [PDF]||Regular Decision/Transfer [PDF]||Renewal [PDF]|
All students are required to submit the CSS Profile to be considered for institutional financial assistance. Students must complete the entire application to determine whether a waiver will be granted for the application fee. Students who fit the following criteria and who did not receive a waiver from the College Board should contact the Financial Aid Office for further guidance:
- Must be able to file a FAFSA
- Have a total parent income of less than $40,000
- Parent(s) must be able to file a 1040A or 1040EZ federal tax form
- Should have assets of less than $50,000, including the primary home
Additionally, noncustodial parents must complete the Noncustodial Parent Profile (NCP) of the CSS Profile.
International applicants from the following countries must submit the International Student Financial Aid Application (ISFAA) [PDF] because they are unable to complete the Profile or submit payment by credit card: Benin, Cameroon, Ghana, Nigeria, Togo, Cuba, Iran, North Korea and Sudan.
International applicants must submit a translated copy of their prior-prior year's income tax document or earnings statement and the International Student Certification of Finances [PDF]. Additional information for international applicants can be found on our International Student page.
California residents should apply for the California State Grant. DACA students and undocumented students who will graduate from a California high school and meet the residency requirements may apply for the state grant through the California Dream Act Application, even though you are not eligible to apply for federal financial aid. Deadline: March 2
Current students who have missing documents can log onto their NetPartner Student Portal to view their Financial Aid Document Checklist.
- V1 Verification Worksheet – Dependent Students 2017-18 [PDF]
- V1 Verification Worksheet – Independent Students 2017-18 [PDF]
- V4 Custom Verification Worksheet – Dependent Students 2017-18 [PDF]
- V4 Custom Verification Worksheet – Independent Students 2017-18 [PDF]
- V5 Aggregate Verification Worksheet – Dependent Students 2017-18 [PDF]
- V5 Aggregate Verification Worksheet – Independent Students 2017-18 [PDF]
- V1 Verification Worksheet – Dependent Students 2018-19 [PDF]
- V1 Verification Worksheet – Independent Students 2018-19 [PDF]
- V4 Custom Verification Worksheet – Dependent Students 2018-19 [PDF]
- V4 Custom Verification Worksheet – Independent Students 2018-19 [PDF]
- V5 Aggregate Verification Worksheet – Dependent Students 2018-19 [PDF]
- V5 Aggregate Verification Worksheet – Independent Students 2018-19 [PDF]
- Federal Direct Student Loan Request Form 2017-18 [PDF]
- Federal Direct Parent PLUS Loan Request Form 2017-18 [PDF]
- Computer Loan Request Form 2017-18 [PDF]
Request for Reconsideration of Expected Family Contribution
Families facing severe financial problems due to job loss, death of a parent, or business declines must complete and submit the Request for Reconsideration Worksheet along with supporting documents including but not limited to letter of termination from employer, tax statements showing reduced personal or business income. Requests without additional documentation will not be reviewed.