Pomona College is committed to meeting the full demonstrated need for all international students that apply for financial aid at the time of admission. The Admissions Committee takes financial need into consideration at the time of admission, so it is important that international applicants who need financial assistance to help with college costs apply for financial aid when applying for admission. Undocumented, DACAmented, and students that graduate from a US high school are considered domestic applicants and are not evaluated under the need aware policy.
Once an international student submits the admissions application to Pomona, their financial aid application status may not be changed. International students who are admitted to Pomona and have not applied for financial aid may not appeal for financial aid at a later date and will not be considered for financial aid as a returning student.
International students who intend to transfer to Pomona College may apply for need based financial aid at the time of admission only.
International aid applicants must complete the following:
- CSS Profile
- Note: Applicants from Iran and North Korea cannot submit the CSS Profile and should complete the International Student Financial Aid Application
- Applicants for whom the CSS Profile application fee would present a financial hardship may request a fee payment code by emailing the Office of Financial Aid
- International Student Certification of Finances
- Translated copy of prior-prior year's tax documents or statement of earnings
Renewing Aid in Subsequent Years
The financial aid provided by Pomona is need based and students are required to reapply for assistance each year. Financial eligibility is reassessed each year; as a result, you may see an increase or decrease in the amount of financial aid offered each year if your family's financial circumstances change significantly.
The following must be submitted by our annually published deadline to reapply for financial aid:
- CSS Profile
- Translated copy of the prior-prior year's tax documents or statement of earnings