The Admissions Committee takes financial need into consideration for applicants who are not U.S. Citizens or Permanent Residents. International students applying for admission must indicate on their application whether they will apply for financial aid. DACA/undocumented students do not fall under the need aware policy.
Once an international student submits the admissions application to Pomona, his or her financial aid application status may not be changed. International students who are admitted to Pomona without financial aid may not appeal for financial aid at a later date and will not be considered for financial aid as a returning student.
Pomona does not offer financial aid to international transfer students.
First-year international aid applicants must complete the following:
- CSS PROFILE
- International Student Certification of Finances [pdf]
- International Student Financial Aid Application [pdf] (only if you are a resident of Benin, Cameroon, Cuba, Ghana, Iran, Nigeria, North Korea or Togo and cannot file or pay; all others must complete the PROFILE online.)
- Translated copy of prior-prior year's tax documents or statement of earnings
The deadline to apply for Financial Aid as a first-year international student is March 1. You may also download the application checklist [pdf] to have a copy of this information for your records.
Renewing Aid in Subsequent Years
Because Pomona offers only need based financial aid, students are required to reapply for assistance each year. Financial need is reassessed each year; as a result, you may see an increase or decrease in the amount of financial aid offered each year. All documents are due to our office by April 15th of each year.
One of the following applications must be submitted annually to reapply for financial aid:
- CSS PROFILE (or)
- International Student Financial Aid Application [pdf]
- Translated copy of the prior-prior year's tax documents or statement of earnings
The deadline for returning student applications is April 15. You may also print the current international students financial aid renewal process checklist to have a copy of this information for your records.