The QuestBridge Application provides one of three ways to apply to Pomona for first-year admission. We give no preference in the admissions process based on which application you submit and encourage you to apply with the one that suits you best.
QuestBridge is a national nonprofit that connects exceptional, low-income youth with leading colleges and opportunities. Pomona is proud to be one of 50 college partners who are committed to increasing the presence of outstanding low-income students on their campuses and making our institutions accessible to high achieving students regardless of background.
Applying through the National College Match
Through the QuestBridge National College Match college and scholarship application process, Pomona College offers a number of College Match scholarships annually that cover the full cost of tuition, housing and food, are loan-free, and require no parental contribution to National College Match Finalists matched with Pomona. These Finalists are students who applied to the National College Match and were selected by QuestBridge based on a holistic review of their achievement, personal qualities, and financial circumstances.
Students who become QuestBridge Match Finalists must submit the following additional materials to Pomona College by November 1:
- Official high school transcript(s), mailed or emailed directly by your counselor to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "College Match Finalists, Full Legal Name, Official Transcript." Please check your Pomona application portal; if there is a green check mark next to "Received", we have accepted your QuestBridge transcript. If there is no green check, your counselor will need to submit your official transcript.
- The 2024-2025 CSS/Financial Aid Profile with CSS Code: 4607. Domestic undergraduate students may submit a CSS Profile for free if:
- Their family's adjusted gross income is up to $100,000, or
- The student is qualified to receive an SAT fee waiver, or
- The student is an orphan or ward of the court under the age of 24.
- A copy of your parents’ 2022 federal income tax returns
- Submit Pomona's QuestBridge Match Supplement Form. Please check your Pomona portal; if there is a green check mark next to "Received", you have completed this step.
- As an optional submission, QuestBridge College Match Finalists may also submit dance, music, or theatre supplements for consideration by November 8 using one of the QuestBridge Specific Supplement pages. See more information below.
Applying through Early or Regular Decision
All QuestBridge applicants can use either their QuestBridge Application, the Coalition on Scoir Application, or the Common Application to apply to Pomona through Early or Regular Decision. If students submit more than one application, Pomona will only review the last application submitted by the deadline.
Pomona College regularly enrolls many students through Early and Regular Decision who did not receive a College Match Scholarship. These students include QuestBridge Non-Finalists, Non-Participating Finalists, and Non-Match Finalists. Like all students admitted to Pomona College, they are awarded financial aid packages that cover 100% of their demonstrated need, without loans, at the time of admission.
If you have any questions about applying to Pomona College through the QuestBridge application, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
Optional Application Materials
First-year applicants (using any application, including QuestBridge) are invited to submit arts supplements for consideration as part of their application for admission. Supplements are not required, but we are very interested in learning more about the creative activities you engage in with passion and dedication. This is not an application to a specific major or department, or for a scholarship, but rather a chance to highlight aspects of your experience for the Admissions Committee. We are only able to accept performing arts supplements in Dance, Music, and Theater. Supplemental materials should be received in the Admissions Office no later than November 8, 2023, for QuestBridge National College Match applicants.
How to Submit Arts Supplements
Arts supplements may be submitted online only after you have submitted your application to Pomona. You will log in using the same credentials you use to access your applicant portal. A link to the arts supplement form is also available on your applicant portal. Once the supplement form is submitted, it cannot be edited. However, you can save it and return to it later before final submission.
Standardized Test Scores (ACT and SAT)
Pomona College has extended a test-optional policy for students applying for first-year and transfer admission for entry in 2022-2024. Under this policy, SAT or ACT scores are not required to apply but students may choose to self-report them on their applications. Pomona College will accept scores from the new Electronic SAT. Test scores included on the QuestBridge application are considered self-reported.
In the QuestBridge application process, students will be asked whether they would like test scores to be considered on Pomona's Match Supplement Form (for Match Finalists pursuing the Match Scholarship) or Pomona's Program Selection Form (for Non-Finalists, Non-Participating Finalists, and Non-Match Finalists pursuing Early Decision or Regular Decision). If you have additional questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.