We value the diversity and breadth of experience that transfer students bring to our academic and social communities. If you will have completed at least one year's full-time college work by the time you expect to enroll at Pomona, you must apply as a transfer applicant. (Please consult our office if you've completed less than one academic year at another college.) We do not accept applications from students who have already received a bachelor's degree, and transfer students must spend at least four full-time semesters at Pomona to receive a B.A. degree. Students who have completed college coursework as part of an early college program should apply as first-year applicants.
If admitted, transfer applicants will receive a credit evaluation with their offer of admission and will be able to transfer a maximum of 16 credits (this is usually 16 courses). Credits are usually transferrable if: they were earned at a regionally accredited institution; the course grade is a “C” or better; and Pomona offers an equivalent course.
International Transfer Applicants
If you are currently enrolled full-time at a postsecondary institution, you must apply as a transfer applicant. The application deadlines for international students are the same as those for other transfer students. If sending paper documents, please mail your materials early enough to accommodate delivery times. Please be aware that international transfer students are not eligible for financial aid.
|Transfer Application Deadline||Applicants Notified||Transfer Reply Date|
|Feb. 1||By April 1||May 1|
Transfer Application Requirements
- Common Application for transfer students.
- Final Report: Your high school advisor or counselor must complete this Common Application form. The Admissions Committee may waive this rule if: you've already completed at least two full years of college work and/or you've been out of high school for more than two years. Please contact us to discuss a waiver.
- Transfer College Report: This Common Application form should be completed by your current registrar or student records-keeper. If you've attended more than one college, your most recent college's administrator should complete this form. If you aren't currently enrolled, you may attach a letter from your employer with the College Report.
- Two Academic Evaluations: Completed by two of your college instructors, these should be submitted through the Common Application. Students may submit another optional recommendation of any type (e.g., employer, volunteer coordinator, high school teacher, etc.).
- Official Transcripts: Submit these from each college or university you've ever attended. Include a final transcript from your high school or secondary school (including graduation date) or official documentation of a GED.
- Transfer Mid-Term Report: Submit this form with mid-term grades and comments from the current term's faculty due before February 15. We will not make an admissions decision without these grades.
- Scores for the SAT Reasoning or the ACT: Send all scores to Pomona College directly from the testing agency. Note that SAT/ACT scores are usually sent four to six weeks after the test administration, so the last recommended testing date is December.
- If you are applying from a school where English is the not the medium of instruction, you must also submit scores from The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or The International English Language Testing System (IELTS). While we welcome cultural and linguistic diversity, we do not have English as a Second Language or other remedial programs for foreign students.
- Interviews: If you're thinking about applying, we recommend you interview with an admissions officer, senior interviewer or an alumni representative. To schedule an on-campus interview, please register online at least three weeks in advance. The deadline for transfer applicants to complete an on-campus interview is Feb. 1. If you live outside the area and can't visit campus for an interview, you can request an alumni interview after Sept. 1. The deadline for transfer applicants to complete an alumni interview is Dec. 1.
- Arts and Science Supplements: If you have a special talent or wish to submit additional information about yourself in the area of dance, music, theater, visual art or in scientific or mathematical research, we encourage you to submit a supplement through SlideRoom by Feb. 1. More detailed information can be found on the Supplements page.