We value the diversity and breadth of experience that transfer students bring to our academic and social communities. If you will have completed at least one year's full-time college work by the time you expect to enroll at Pomona, you must apply as a transfer applicant. (Please consult our office if you've completed less than one academic year at another college.) We do not accept applications from students who have already received a bachelor's degree, and transfer students must spend at least four full-time semesters at Pomona to receive a B.A. degree. Students who have completed college coursework as part of an early college program should apply as first-year applicants.
If admitted, transfer applicants will receive a course credit evaluation with their offer of admission and will be able to transfer a maximum of 16 credits (this is usually 16 courses). Credits are usually transferrable if: they are earned at a regionally accredited institution; the course is taken among other matriculated students (i.e. online courses are not eligible for transfer credit); the course grade is a “C” or better; and The Claremont Colleges offer a comparable course. For more information on Pomona's transfer credit policy, consult our course catalog.
International Transfer Applicants
If you are currently enrolled full-time at a postsecondary institution, you must apply as a transfer applicant. The application deadlines for international students are the same as those for other transfer students. International transfer applicants are eligible for financial aid but must apply for aid at the time they apply for admission. If sending paper documents, please mail your materials early enough to accommodate delivery times.
|Transfer Application Deadline||Applicants Notified||Transfer Reply Date|
|February 15||By April 1||June 1|
Transfer Application Requirements
All applicants for transfer admission must submit either The Coalition Application or The Common Application. We give no preference in the admissions process based on which of these applications you submit. If mailing documents to our office, the address is Pomona College Office of Admissions, 333 N. College Way, Claremont, CA 91711.
Additional Requirements for All Transfer Applicants
- College Report: This form should be completed by your current registrar or transfer adviser. If you have attended more than one college, your most recent college's administrator should complete this form. If you are not currently enrolled, please contact our office. The Common Application form is available as an offline document. Officials or applicants may mail or email this form to our office.
- Two Academic Evaluations: Completed by two of your college course instructors, these should be mailed or emailed directly to email@example.com by your recommenders. Students may submit another optional recommendation of any type (e.g., employer, volunteer coordinator, high school teacher, etc.).
- Official Transcripts: Request these from each college or university you've ever attended. Include an official final transcript from your high school or secondary school (including graduation date) or official documentation of a GED. In order to be official, applicants must request that registrars mail or email transcripts to our office.
- Mid-Term Report: This Common Application form is available as an offline document. Applicants should print the form and take it to their current instructors for signatures and in-progress grades. (If no grade is available, instructors can indicate "in progress." Submit this form by mail or email to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 6. We will not make an admissions decision without these grades. However, if you are not currently enrolled, contact our office, and this requirement will be waived.
- One-time, non-refundable application fee of $70 or fee waiver: We understand that the application fee may present a financial hardship for some applicants. Please consult the “Fee Waiver” section of the Common Application “Profile.” If you indicate that you satisfy one of those criteria, you will become automatically eligible for an online fee waiver for each school to which you apply. The Common Application will email your school counselor, who will be required to submit a form confirming your eligibility for a fee waiver. The school ID for the counselor form is 4607. You may also submit to Pomona the NACAC Request for Transfer Admission Application Fee Waiver with the subject line "Transfer fee waiver request."
- SAT or ACT scores: Applicants may self-report their scores on their applications. Note that SAT/ACT scores are usually sent four to six weeks after the test administration, so the last recommended testing date is December. All enrolling students will be required to submit an official score report, and any discrepancies between self-reported and official test scores may jeopardize a student's offer of admission.
- If you are applying from a school where English is not the medium of instruction, you must also submit scores from The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or The International English Language Testing System (IELTS). While we welcome cultural and linguistic diversity, we do not have English as a Second Language or other remedial programs for foreign students.
- Interviews: If you're thinking about applying, we offer off-campus alumni interviews. You can request an alumni interview beginning in September. Please be aware that our alumni network does not extend to every corner of the country or world, and we cannot always fulfill every interview request. The deadline to request a transfer alumni interview for this application cycle has passed.