We value the diversity and breadth of experience that transfer students bring to our academic and social communities. If you will have completed at least one year's full-time college work by the time you expect to enroll at Pomona, you must apply as a transfer applicant. (Please consult our office if you've completed less than one academic year at another college.) We do not accept applications from students who have already received a bachelor's degree, and transfer students must spend at least four full-time semesters at Pomona to receive a B.A. degree. Students who have completed college coursework as part of an early college program should apply as first-year applicants.
If admitted, transfer applicants will receive a course credit evaluation with their offer of admission and will be able to transfer a maximum of 16 credits (this is usually 16 courses). Credits are usually transferrable if: they are earned at a regionally accredited institution; the course is taken among other matriculated students (i.e. online courses are not eligible for transfer credit); the course grade is a “C” or better; and The Claremont Colleges offer a comparable course.
International Transfer Applicants
If you are currently enrolled full-time at a postsecondary institution, you must apply as a transfer applicant. The application deadlines for international students are the same as those for other transfer students. If sending paper documents, please mail your materials early enough to accommodate delivery times. Please be aware that international transfer students are not eligible for financial aid.
|Transfer Application Deadline||Applicants Notified||Transfer Reply Date|
|February 15||By April 1||June 1|
Transfer Application Requirements
- Common Application for transfer students.
- Final Report: If you have been out of high school for less than two years by the time you would enroll at Pomona, please ask your high school advisor or counselor to complete and submit this Common Application form. If you have been out of high school for two or more years by the time you would enroll at Pomona, this requirement is waived.
- Transfer College Report: This Common Application form should be completed by your current registrar or transfer adviser. If you have attended more than one college, your most recent college's administrator should complete this form. If you are not currently enrolled, please contact our office.
- Two Academic Evaluations: Completed by two of your college course instructors, these should be submitted through the Common Application. Students may submit another optional recommendation of any type (e.g., employer, volunteer coordinator, high school teacher, etc.).
- Official Transcripts: Submit these from each college or university you've ever attended. Include a final transcript from your high school or secondary school (including graduation date) or official documentation of a GED.
- Transfer Mid-Term Report: Submit this form by March 6 with mid-term grades and comments from the current term's faculty. We will not make an admissions decision without these grades. However, if you are not currently enrolled, this requirement is waived.
- One-time, non-refundable application fee of $70 or fee waiver: We understand that the application fee may present a financial hardship for some applicants. Please consult the “Fee Waiver” section of the Common Application “Profile.” If you indicate that you satisfy one of those criteria, you will become automatically eligible for an online fee waiver for each school to which you apply. The Common Application will email your school counselor, who will be required to submit a form confirming your eligibility for a fee waiver. The school ID for the counselors form is 4607. You may also fill out the NACAC Request for Transfer Admission Application Fee Waiver and submit it to Pomona with the subject line "Transfer fee waiver request."
- SAT or ACT scores: Send scores to Pomona College directly from the testing agency. Note that SAT/ACT scores are usually sent four to six weeks after the test administration, so the last recommended testing date is December.
- If you are applying from a school where English is the not the medium of instruction, you must also submit scores from The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or The International English Language Testing System (IELTS). While we welcome cultural and linguistic diversity, we do not have English as a Second Language or other remedial programs for foreign students.
- Interviews: If you're thinking about applying, we offer off-campus alumni interviews. You can request an alumni interview beginning in September. Please be aware that our alumni network does not extend to every corner of the country or world, and we cannot always fulfill every interview request. The deadline to request a transfer alumni interview is Feb. 1.
- Arts and Science Supplements: If you have a special talent or wish to submit additional information about yourself in the area of dance, music, theater, visual art or in scientific or mathematical research, we encourage you to submit a supplement through SlideRoom by Feb. 1. More detailed information can be found on the Supplements page.